adding new mods. goal 700 hp

javis

Established Member
hello fellow gt500 owners. i have a 2014 gt500 all stock engine wise and would like to add some power. 700 hp is the goal. what do i need? thanks in advance
Javier

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks like i see your in Livermore. I would say if contact AED. 700hp to the wheels i would say boost A pump, ID1000s, pulley and E85 tune.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
The basic bolt ons really wake these cars up as other will tell you. I just did the 2.4 upper, jlt CAI, VMP 69mm throttle body, cooler plugs, a Lethal H pipe with a remote lund tune on my 2013. Havent had it dynoed yet, but I would bet Im 675-700 whp. Seems a whole lot stronger. I took off the lethal h and went back to the stock h pipe with cats because I didnt like the gas fumes. Seems to run just as strong however to me. Ill post when I get her on the dyno.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Like most have stated above. I opted for a lower pulley, AR LTH w/ off-road H pipe, Lund tune, larger TB, and intake. That should put you right about at 700HP to the wheels.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I am also getting ready to do basic bolt ons.
I/TB/midpipe/ 2.4 pulley. I'm also doing boostane 96-98 octane safety.

Is a BAP necessary for about 700 wheel? Not trying to hijack your thread OP. I figured you will have the same question.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Is a BAP necessary for about 700 wheel? Not trying to hijack your thread OP. I figured you will have the same question.

For E85 yes BAP is needed for safety.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

You shouldn't need a BAP till you're mid 700+whp.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
yes, im in Livermore. have you heard of RPM Speed Center in Stockton Ca?
Nope i have not. I can not recommend any other shop in norcal than AED. They have been the only one that has stuck around.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Pro Edge has a Mustang Dyno. So if you pull 630-640rwhp you'd be around 680- 690rw on a Dynonometer. Pro Edge will also check your vitals on the tune. Sometimes Lund can be conservative on the AFR for safety. Mine was mid10's-low 11's. In case Pro Edge says your a little bit fat.... the 93 Octane Lund Race Tune added to your SCT should be free. It will still keep you safe in the mid-upper 11's but with a way better Power Curve. You should not need a BAP. As stated above, Twin Blade 65, CAI, 2.4 Upper Pulley & a 93 Octane Tune should get you there. Although Pro Edge prefers the Whipple Mono Blade ...you can also ask Lund about the Power By Hour Package using the KB Mono Blade TB which Lund likes to tune. That will add 30-35rwhp. Headers add 20+rwhp .

darksykal

Established Member
Pro Edge has a Mustang Dyno. So if you pull 630-640rwhp you'd be around 680- 690rw on a Dynonometer. Pro Edge will also check your vitals on the tune. Sometimes Lund can be conservative on the AFR for safety. Mine was mid10's-low 11's. In case Pro Edge says your a little bit fat.... the 93 Octane Lund Race Tune added to your SCT should be free. It will still keep you safe in the mid-upper 11's but with a way better Power Curve. You should not need a BAP. As stated above, Twin Blade 65, CAI, 2.4 Upper Pulley & a 93 Octane Tune should get you there. Although Pro Edge prefers the Whipple Mono Blade ...you can also ask Lund about the Power By Hour Package using the KB Mono Blade TB which Lund likes to tune. That will add 30-35rwhp. Headers add 20+rwhp .

My car felt totally different with the pro edge tune- mid 11's AF the whole way
I made 660 with mods in sig (2.4 upper/CAI/TB/Plugs)

Bill mentioned I'm leaving a ton of power on the table with the stock headers- so it's next on my list but the OP shouldn't have any trouble at all making 700 wheel with really basic bolt ons.

Users who are viewing this thread