Adjustable Panhard bar brace

Svt239

Established Member
Ok so I have a newbie question here , I need an adjustable Panhard bar to adjust the rear end on my car due to being lowered... Will I need a Panhard brace as well ?

Poppacapp

Established Member
I am having issues with my rear end too, but I am not lowered. I guess its normal for some axle movement? Looks to me like me axle is shifted about 1 inch further to the driver side than passenger side. Wonder if I should see the dealer about it, or if its normal and just get a panhard to adjust.

Svt239

Established Member
Mine is about an inch more out on the driver side too, looks horrible with 325/50-15s sticking out the side

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
I am having issues with my rear end too, but I am not lowered. I guess its normal for some axle movement? Looks to me like me axle is shifted about 1 inch further to the driver side than passenger side. Wonder if I should see the dealer about it, or if its normal and just get a panhard to adjust.

I just changed my wheels and tires (325/30-20 on back), and like you, i found that the drivers side stuck out more than the passenger side. Luckily, i anticipated this humbug, so i had a panhard bar waiting. I intsalled it, now im good. Oh, my suspension is stock height (at least for a couple of more days).

Poppacapp

Established Member
I just changed my wheels and tires (325/30-20 on back), and like you, i found that the drivers side stuck out more than the passenger side. Luckily, i anticipated this humbug, so i had a panhard bar waiting. I intsalled it, now im good. Oh, my suspension is stock height (at least for a couple of more days).

Are you still running the OEM 20" rears? I heard 305 was about as wide as you want to go on them. I would have went with 315 NT05's if it wasnt for worrying about the width

Van@RevanRacing

Adjustable Panhard bar will resolve it.

I use the BMR Adjustable. PHR006 with poly bushings. I have them on my website. Just search that part number in the search engine.

Van

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
^^^325/30 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT's?

R

Yes..

Are you still running the OEM 20" rears? I heard 305 was about as wide as you want to go on them. I would have went with 315 NT05's if it wasnt for worrying about the width

No, i have 20x11 wheels in the back. My OEM wheels still have the 305 555R on them. Im keeping them to use at the track.

Ive heard of people using 315's on stock wheels, but i was afraid to.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Yes..

No, i have 20x11 wheels in the back. My OEM wheels still have the 305 555R on them. Im keeping them to use at the track.

Ive heard of people using 315's on stock wheels, but i was afraid to.

I agree.. I think 315 will be too much. 305s on mine already bulge some.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
I agree.. I think 315 will be too much. 305s on mine already bulge some.

This is 315 NT05 on OEM wheels...Not too bad, but i didnt want to take any chances, so like you, went with 305 555R.

576494_320149884720072_1016036552_n.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I feel for you.......and your wallet!......been there.......

After buying my first pair new, a forum member offered me a second pair (slightly used) for 1/2 price. I bought them.........and still cringed at the cost!

Please add some 325/30 installed pictures.

R

Last edited:

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Adjustable Panhard bar will resolve it.

I use the BMR Adjustable. PHR006 with poly bushings. I have them on my website. Just search that part number in the search engine.

Van

Hi Van

What are the differences/benefits of the BMR rod end combo panhard bars versus the straight poly bushing (the PHR006 versus the other adjustable models). I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the performance differences :dw:

san6279

Established Member
This is 315 NT05 on OEM wheels...Not too bad, but i didnt want to take any chances, so like you, went with 305 555R.

576494_320149884720072_1016036552_n.jpg

Off topic: I like what you did with the rear end debadge. I'd probably leave the letters, but get rid of the big ugly circular piece.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Actually, I'm going to say YES.

The stock brace is a stamped thin piece of metal that DOES NOT stop deflection and flex in the rear with the power getting to the ground.

Swapping to a BMR, Whiteline, Steeda, ect will strengthen the rear and help to take of all the body roll and deflection you are getting. For the price which is like $100 or so, it's good insurance.

When you actually look at a well designed one compared to the stock one, you will see the difference.

If you have any more questions, I'de love to explain more on suspension

561-417-5555

Van@RevanRacing

Hi Van

What are the differences/benefits of the BMR rod end combo panhard bars versus the straight poly bushing (the PHR006 versus the other adjustable models). I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the performance differences :dw:

I've actually run both rod end combo and the PHR006. The Rod end combo is going to provide for a more solid feel in the rear and increase NVH especially going over bumps in the road etc. It does stiffen and create more noise. I would still recommend the PHR006

Van, specifically what purpose the does brace serve? Is it a total waste of money? Was thinking of getting one if lowering.

As was originally asked in the OP question, "Is it necessary", no it isn't necessary. However, the brace does serve to provide additional strength in the rear to reduce deflection when the rear end is under load. It is not a total waste of money. I might also add that if you are lowering the car other items should also be considered.

Adjustable Upper Control Arm and Upper Control Arm Mount
These are used to better dial in your pinion angle to -1 to -2 degrees which is optimal for our cars. Also, when lowering the car and not changing these out the OEM bushings get bound up due to the body being lowered to the chassis and will eventually cause the bushing to fail.

Lower Control Arms and Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
These will help to create a better instant center in the rear suspension geometry and also aid in the alignment process in properly adjusting and setting your thrust angle.

Van

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Van, can you elaborate on the LCA relo bracket. I'm not well versed on chassis/suspension dynamics when it comes to "instant center" and "thrust angle." What does that mean in layman's terms with regards to performance?

Users who are viewing this thread