Adobe Premiere help....

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Ok I'm new to it, and this might not be the place to post this but I feel lost and don't know where to start. I found some decent free domo turtorials online but I really have no idea where to start. Any of you who are familiar with Adobe and video editing, where is the best place for literature on how to use Adobe? I'm kind of lost but am willing to spend the time to learn.

Blake

Blakers01GT

Established Member
1tufgt said:
Grab book and read. :D

ummmm, I didn't buy the program, so I don't have like a instruction manual. My bro is a DBA and got the software for me, is there something in a bookstore about it maybe?

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Step 1: Uninstall Adobe Premier.

Step 2: Get Sony Vegas.

Step 3: Read the included materials and follow included exercises.

Step 4: Urinate upon Adobe Premier CD-ROM. Repeat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not everyone can afford to dump what they're using to go with something someone else recommends. That can get expensive. And everyone has their opinions on what is best. He was simply asking for help with what he is presently using.

Blake, if you haven't already done so, visit the Adobe website and you'll find learning resources. And check out the Adobe Premier user forum. Here's the link for the regular Premier forum. They also have a Premier Pro forum. Folks there will give you great pointers and help. Also try a Google search on 'Adobe Premier Training' and you'll hunt up some good resources.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b372 (forum)

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/training.html (Premier Pro training resources)

http://protechgroup.com/scripts/view.pl?page=adobepremiere65 (another training resource)

Blakers01GT

Established Member
xilix said:
Step 1: Uninstall Adobe Premier.

Step 2: Get Sony Vegas.

Step 3: Read the included materials and follow included exercises.

Step 4: Urinate upon Adobe Premier CD-ROM. Repeat.

Hmmmm, not sure I'll piss on it but I'll try Sony Vegas :lol: :-D

Like I said I'm new to this, so alot of research is ahead of me.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Not everyone can afford to dump what they're using to go with something someone else recommends. That can get expensive. And everyone has their opinions on what is best. He was simply asking for help with what he is presently using.

Blake, if you haven't already done so, visit the Adobe website and you'll find learning resources. And check out the Adobe Premier user forum. Here's the link for the regular Premier forum. They also have a Premier Pro forum. Folks there will give you great pointers and help. Also try a Google search on 'Adobe Premier Training' and you'll hunt up some good resources.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b372 (forum)

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/training.html (Premier Pro training resources)

http://protechgroup.com/scripts/view.pl?page=adobepremiere65 (another training resource)

Thanks alot! it's definitely a start! :beer:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
CobraBob said:

Hah, dude he didn't even pay for it.

I personally think Premier is the most needlessly complicated video software on the market. I've been editing for a long time and everytime I've used Premier I've always run into a work-flow bottleneck or stability issue, where in Vegas I would cut through the work like butter.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
xilix said:
Hah, dude he didn't even pay for it.

I personally think Premier is the most needlessly complicated video software on the market. I've been editing for a long time and everytime I've used Premier I've always run into a work-flow bottleneck or stability issue, where in Vegas I would cut through the work like butter.

Yeah it seems extremely complicated, How long did it take you starting off to be able to edit 2 or 3 minute videos? And make them look somewhat decent?

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Adobe premiere works fine for me and dosent seem overcomplicated :shrug:

I started out with simple edits to get familiar with it.. It's not hard once you've used it for a while.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Blakers01GT said:
Yeah it seems extremely complicated, How long did it take you starting off to be able to edit 2 or 3 minute videos? And make them look somewhat decent?

It depends on what you mean by decent. It's taken me years of practice and studying professionals' work to be where I am at right now. What program you choose to use is up to you. But if you plan on messing with the deeper internals of video applications (no matter what program you choose to use) then I recommend you be prepared to keep learning for years on end. You never, ever, ever stop learning. The envelope is literally endless on what you can do (with vegas OR Premier).

As far as the learning curve goes, it all depends on the person and if they have the natural touch or not. The learning curve with Vegas is far less tedious than Premier. I used premier for about a year untill someone turned me onto Vegas. It was like a breath of fresh air. But that's just me. I recommend you try out Windows Movie Maker and mess around with that for a few weeks/months if you haven't already. It's good for learning the basics of editing.

The first thing you generally want to get a handle on is structure and timing. Without those two things you are virtually lost and will get negative opinions on your work.

jdk said:
Adobe premiere works fine for me and dosent seem overcomplicated :shrug:

I started out with simple edits to get familiar with it.. It's not hard once you've used it for a while.

Depends on what you're doing with it. The UI, at least to me, is very stone-age. Premier can do AMAZING stuff, don't get me wrong. I just personally can't stand it as far as stability, work-flow or UI goes. But for what it's worth, I have a few friends that have made some REALY awesome shit with it. It's just not my bag. I hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread