Advice on parts to buy.

still03cobra

Established Member
So the 03 made 477/488 with just steeda drop in. Mac long tubes. Bassani xpipe, Bassani catback. And 2.76. 170 thermo. Everything else stock. What should my next parts be? Would like to be hitting 500/500. Then get a little more crazy HP this summer.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So the 03 made 477/488 with just steeda drop in. Mac long tubes. Bassani xpipe, Bassani catback. And 2.76. 170 thermo. Everything else stock. What should my next parts be? Would like to be hitting 500/500. Then get a little more crazy HP this summer.

The only way I see you hitting 500 is by porting the blower, nitrous, or a TVS. I’d save your pennies for a TVs and fuel system as well as a tune. Then let her rip tater chip. Also E85!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I think if you really want to make more power the money is better spent shooting for the end goal. So if 500hp is only going to last you several months, and you are already trying to budget, then wait and do it right the first time so you don't waste money on stuff you wont need in the end.
With that said, it isn't like going to a ported blower is really in the same league as a TVS, whipple, KB. In the end the bigger blower, even if you spend wisely is going to be 5k+. You would need fuel, an MAF, throttlebody, plugs, injectors, tune, clutch, ect... and that is on the cheaper side. If you go return fuel, input shaft, and quality parts you are in over 7.5k... even on used parts.
I think it is best to get a realistic idea what you want to spend, and what you want for performance.
If you want 500hp, port the blower. Try to pick up one of the POSI units.

I'm not giving you pro advice here... just talking costs. Porting the blower for 500hp is going to be way cheaper than a big blower. If you want to buy parts to prepare for the big blower but make power in the meantime... I'm not sure how much a TB/Plenum will do for you really. It isn't like you are asking too much of it already.

zredfire04

Established Member
e85 and a tune should do it. if you have a tuner that can handle it, you could get away with just pumps and injectors...you're only 23hp away.

BUT: 23hp more isn't going to be some earth shattering difference. at the end of the day, it's just a number. if all you care about is the number, find a looser dyno LOL.

if you're going for crazier HP this summer, start with the fuel system. you'll find the weak links in the drivetrain one by one =D

Users who are viewing this thread