Advice on something

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I have maggy midpipes with the single high flow cats. I think I blew one of my cats, because it sounds like there is a marble rattling around in there. I was thinking of going to the muffler shop, and having them weld in some pipes, and just do away with the cats all together. How much louder would that make my truck. I dont want it to sound like crap.

What are my other options?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Not sure about florida laws, but here in Ky they won't touch a car without catalytic converters on it, and definatly would not remove yours and weld in piping. Id just get the magnaflow high-flow cats for your truck. Migh as well...

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Im running no cats in mine and its just ridiculously loud at WOT, but when crusing the drone is tolerable

Dusten

Established Member
If you can find an exhaust willing to cut your cats out, your one of the few. Those are federally mandated. Now, any good exhaust shop should be able to replace the cat that is in it.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
I dont understand how these high flow cats are being blowin out, i hope this doesnt happen to mine when i put them in. Doesnt magnaflow have a life time warrenty anyways?

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Hey Sean go see Stacy at STACYS MUFFLER. Think it is off of 12th and washington. He does a great job and has good prices. He will take care of you.....

Last edited:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Had a straight pipe set up going into a Borla Stinger Cat-back on my old L. It was awesome, I loved the sound. Not that bad at regular driving but I am used to a fox body with dumps. Cruising had some drone but not that much and WOT:eek: The best sound in the world. My wife could hear me on my way home from about a 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile away...and she was inside. If you do a dynamat or something it would be great.

In finding a shop to go to, you just have to know the right places...:coolman: There are shops that will do it, you just have to pay cash, kind of a "favor" thing

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
You can find a shop to do it. Cash talks. I went catless and the drone would be bad on a DD, but if you like it loud that's the way to go. I went from a 13.01 to a 12.79 in the 1/4 after mine were removed, so take it for what it is. Some say you need the cats for back pressure, but I had the opposite results.

Users who are viewing this thread