aed customer service. .. unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Simply asked shaun about my bone stock car with cat deletes failing for emissions. Got treated like he couldnt have cared less the whole time. He told me when i bought the tunes they would absolutely pass. I Wasnt lookkng for anything other then a little help. He seems like an arrogant prick I wont be giving my money too.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Your post is a little confusing.

You wanted to know if your car would pass emissions with test pipes and his tune and he answered "yes". What didn't he help you with? He answered your question right?

Voltwings

Established Member
I have an AED tune, and while Shaun does come across a bit short at times, you have to imagine the man is busy. I have emailed him Friday night after the track, weekends, mornings, nights, and I always get a response. It may not be a paragraph, but it is a response nonetheless. He has also been more than willing to work with me, and adapt my tune and tuning needs as my mod path and goals for the car have changed.

Now, lets consider the flip side, and I'll reserve judgment until you post the conversation, but there is always the distinct possibility you just asked a stupid question.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Hi shaun you tuned my car last summer and I am adding pypes long tubes and offroad x could I get a revision?
Requested updates attached

I just took the car for an inspection before I do the long tubes and it failed. It failed for emmisions not ready, I have an easy 2000 miles on this flash. Are the rear O2's turned off?

Rear O2's are ON

Well, I failed and gave it plenty of time to ready

I simply keep all 4 O2's on and calibrate the rears to NOT look for additional O2 saturation from the Catalyst.
The rest is up the ECU to complete the monitors, I can not force that.

How long will that take its been nearly a year and 2000 miles

I've had customers report they complete in 60 miles

Thanks for the help... the car is 100% stocl aside for cat deletes. You advertised I would pass before I purchased from you. I can see you give a shit now. Thanks.

I will note that in your tune file

Am I wrong? We have had no other past dealings before to sour him on me??

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Seems to me like he answered your questions.

You're running an off road (read illegal exhaust system) which probably came with warnings describing this exact scenario and you're now pissed because of the outcome?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You should post a little more detail about what happened especially when you try to throw a reputable tuner under the bus. How would you like it if someone came on here and cried about getting short changed by you.

When you do something right no one remembers, when you do something wrong no one forgets!

Last edited:

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
I didnt say I got short changed. Just think he is a rude person who offered me no help when he advertised it would pass inspection

SCalla1384

Established Member
Reflash the tune and drive between 1800-2000 rpm on cruise control for like 20 miles. That's what I did and done. You also need between 1/2 and 3/4 tank.

Sounds like Shaun answered all your questions but you threw a little hissy fit. These poor tuners having to deal with dumb questions. Do some research or something... Help yourself a little.

Witt

Established Member
Sorry if its hard to read im on a phone

You left out which I/M monitors aren't showing ready.

He answered your question as if the catalyst monitor isn't ready, however in most states it will still pass with 1 not ready.

I'm guessing its the pair of o2 monitors that aren't setting.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Hi shaun you tuned my car last summer and I am adding pypes long tubes and offroad x could I get a revision?
Requested updates attached

I just took the car for an inspection before I do the long tubes and it failed. It failed for emmisions not ready, I have an easy 2000 miles on this flash. Are the rear O2's turned off?

Rear O2's are ON

Well, I failed and gave it plenty of time to ready

I simply keep all 4 O2's on and calibrate the rears to NOT look for additional O2 saturation from the Catalyst.
The rest is up the ECU to complete the monitors, I can not force that.

How long will that take its been nearly a year and 2000 miles

I've had customers report they complete in 60 miles

Thanks for the help... the car is 100% stocl aside for cat deletes. You advertised I would pass before I purchased from you. I can see you give a shit now. Thanks.

I will note that in your tune file

Am I wrong? We have had no other past dealings before to sour him on me??

I think the red highlighted portion above is where your conversation with Shaun went south. Honey vs. Vinegar logic.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Waiting for HEMILOL to chime in on what a horrible tuner Shaun is.

OP -simply put, he answered your question. Even though I dropped a grand with Shaun to have him tune my car, his answers were to the point and precise. If you are looking for a good tuner that will make sure your car runs right and addresses all issues, go to Shaun. If you are looking for a tuner to hold your hand, don't go to Shaun.

Sorry for your misfortune, but, Shaun lives for his family and does that though his reputation for as a man of his word that does give a a shit and will go the extra mile for you.

Shaun@AED

If you are running the Idle Lope tune, that tune will NOT complete the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread