AED data log help

HU2MuchSauce

i know his is probably a dumb question but i'm new to this data logging with Shaun (AED), am i suppose to do logging without a tune? he asked for me to be on 91 and sent me the certain files to record. i just dont really know because i do have the cobra jet manifold and it idles weird without any tune. any info i would greatly appreciate! thanks guys!!!!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I believe he does the data logs to make sure everything is functioning as it should. I would reach out to him, tell him your exact mods and ask him what logs he would like for you to do. Normally, when you send him an email he will respond very fast

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Most tuners that I have used will ask for your mods, do a base tune for it and then ask to datalog. Shaun just wants to see how it acts now and then he can adjust by going over all the data.
I know I had a previous tuner and even though he knew that, still wanted datalogs to see how it looks. Then he will send his tunes out to be dataloged. could be different with each customer though.
But any time something feels wrong or bad..stop the pull.

Shaun@AED

Yep, I want logs on how the car is currently running to ensure there are no hardware issues that need to be addressed before tuning. Sometimes a customer complaint about a tune issue from another tuner is actually a hardware problem I catch in the data logs.

Log the car as it sits with the current tune on the current setup.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
y
i know his is probably a dumb question but i'm new to this data logging with Shaun (AED), am i suppose to do logging without a tune? he asked for me to be on 91 and sent me the certain files to record. i just dont really know because i do have the cobra jet manifold and it idles weird without any tune. any info i would greatly appreciate! thanks guys!!!!

Be patient when pulling a part throttle datalog with a CJ manifold, espeically if you have the MT. I always have a problem with applying too much throttle when the car shakes and jerks at 1100 RPM in third gear. Dont worry about what the car is doing, just shift through 1st and 2nd, let the rpm drop to 1100 in third, and baby the accelerator all the way through. You should be crawling up to 3500 RPM or so, and then it gets a little bit quicker. As someone said before the entire acceleration process should take 30-40 seconds.

A good way to tell if you have a clean datalog is to look at the actual throttle angle on the logs. The throttle angle should mirror RPMs. If the throttle angle is erratic then you need to log again. WOT datalogging is prett cut and dry, put the pedal to the metal. Part throttle takes a bit more finesse.

Last edited:

fishpick

Established Member
I love this forum - always learn something...
I was all "I'm so gonna street tune"... until I just read through this and saw the friggin "130mph"... they shoot us here in NY for that!!! Plus - not a lot of options for long enough roads for the "slow acceleration for 30 seconds" part either...
Damn - now I gotta find a dyno that will work with me and a remote tuner this summer...

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I love this forum - always learn something...
I was all "I'm so gonna street tune"... until I just read through this and saw the friggin "130mph"... they shoot us here in NY for that!!! Plus - not a lot of options for long enough roads for the "slow acceleration for 30 seconds" part either...
Damn - now I gotta find a dyno that will work with me and a remote tuner this summer...

Talk to Shaun, he was able to remote tune from a dyno with me. You might want to have your mods in a row before hand since it gets pricey on a dyno. My retune on a dyno ran 250 for Shaun' s end and 250 for the dyno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread