Aed tuned 2014 rolling out!!

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
I finally got around to this post. What can I say for my first post. I'm a Chevy guy also raced LSX cars but Chevy left me high and dry with the 3900+ pound Camaro so I figured I try my luck with a 14 GT... I had some real fast times with near stock LS cars so driving isn't an issue. If you can drive these cars will go very nicely to some sick ET's with minimal mods

Took delivery of this thing and went to the track after owning it for like 2 weeks. Mileage at track was 1600

6 speed manual car should have bought an auto

American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, Race cats, to Magnaflow muffler delete
JLT carbon fiber intake
BMR rear control arms uppers and lowers with relocation brackets
Hoosier Drag radial 275's on 15 inch Weld RTS
AED Tuned
stock dyno was 378, modded was 424

First pass at Atco Raceway on 10-28 was 11.90 launched easy feeling car out
turned the launch up between 3500-4500

***11.60 flat @ 119.56*** 60 foots where like 1.72-1.77's which suck but I left the front sway bar in the car which I never should have. I know better I was just lazy and did some much work to get ready for the track in 2 weeks. Car was stupid consistent 11.60, 11.62, 11.66, all day. In the morning when it was cool i actually was trapping 122.50mph but i had to drop tire PSI for traction and lost MPH on the top end.

This is a full weight car. Sway bars in place, stock POS driveshaft. I ordered a DSS 1 piece but American Muscle sent the wrong one and I didn't have it for the track. No skinnies on the front, the stock 19's are heavy as hell. Still pulled the wheels!!! both of them. It seemed to unload a bit after the 60 I know ditching that sway bar will help and going down to the bottom hole on the relocation brackets will really make it dig. I should really be seeing 1.50 60 foots or a tad better. The car def needs rear shocks. My rear quarters where just about touching the 28 inch tire and my rocker moulding did take a hit and get blown off the side of the car. The launch was violent. I was kind of nervous about that 2 piece driveshaft which hindered my performance a bit

I promise ill be back with a 10 second naturally aspirated time slip very soon. Changes will be the 1 piece driveshaft, Rear QA1 drag shocks, Im trying to find someone to borrow skinnies from ill even throw them some bucks. The weld RTS are back ordered for a long time. Im going to take off the front sway bar, shock tower brace, etc and look to leave at 5000-5500. If I can save 2 tenths on the 60 foot, the skinnies on these cars usually gain 2 tenths as well for a huge reduction in rotating mass and surface area, the 1 piece reduces rotating mass again and lets me leave as hard as I can, The rear shocks will control the squat issues, The nice air this time of year and ill be on my way!!

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
Someone let me know how to post pics to from the desk top... I'm not to up to date on that stuff.. It says URL on something. Ill throw up some pics and my time slip

Justin81

Established Member
You weren't kidding about the wheels being up. I was thinking "yeah, up huh." lmao

svtlaunch.gif

svttimeslip.gif

ExTurbo

Established Member
how often are you at atco? i have similar mods i just need the tire, this gives me hope for a similar ET, although i only put down 403 to the wheels

Drufuss

Established Member
Congrats op. I have similar mods, but not so similar results, lol. My car seems to bog about 40-50ft after the launch, and just killing my times. I was hoping you might share your technique for launching.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
You already have bmr suspension, might as well go all the way with "the winning formula" give Kelly a call, bmr springs and vicking double adjustable in the rear, single adj. Front. You'll fly out of the hole! Also may help you keep the front end down. You have et's left there too!

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
That sure is moving with that mph! Get a driveshaft and skinnies on there before the track closes for the season.

Users who are viewing this thread