aem digital a/f

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I did all my tuning on the street with a AEM digiatal WB. have had no issues with mine it works great falls right in line with the narrow band o2's at cruise or light load of WOT. I also know ppl who use them on other cars with no prob.

as for a "LOADED DYNO" and mustang dyno is a eddie current dyno and can create load VS speed anywhere in the range of driving. It can also create more load than what you will ever see on the street with can run you higher in the Base fuel table and if your tuner didn't change the tables correctly at the lower load cells you could have a rich/lean problem there.
just my experience/2 cents

If I was going by what the aem gauge reads at wot , I would be extremely rich and the car would be rolling coal big time . There are no issues with my tune . As stated previously , on the dyno , my a/f ratio is 11.7 . On my aem it pegs out at 10 at wot . So its obviously a problem with the gauge . I have read on multiple other forums of people having the same issues with the aem gauges . I will be getting something different to solve this problem .

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Bottom line... the NGK AFX matches exactly what the dyno reads side by side and the AEM DOES NOT.

Where did you get your NGK AFX? I was just looking at them and they are up around $600 bucks! I know most wideband kits are expensive but that's insane. I was thinking around $3-350 would buy a nice kit . Edit: I just found the ngk afx on American muscle for $319.99 . That's better. Maybe I will pick up one of those . Do you have any pictures of where you have yours mounted in your car ? How big is that digital box ?

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
Bottom line... the NGK AFX matches exactly what the dyno reads side by side and the AEM DOES NOT.
Ok then sorry I tired to help.

If I was going by what the aem gauge reads at wot , I would be extremely rich and the car would be rolling coal big time . There are no issues with my tune . As stated previously , on the dyno , my a/f ratio is 11.7 . On my aem it pegs out at 10 at wot . So its obviously a problem with the gauge . I have read on multiple other forums of people having the same issues with the aem gauges . I will be getting something different to solve this problem .

Are both your sensors new? It may just be a uego sensor issue?

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
Ok then sorry I tired to help.

Are both your sensors new? It may just be a use go sensor issue?

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
anyone else out there with AEM having issues ? I'm sure that boost4me and I are not the only two that have had issues with accuracy on these things .

boost4me

Banned
We'll start the official AEM A/F gauge bashing thread...

I just wonder how many people got this gauge because "its cool" and don't even realize the readings bouncing all over the place are not accurate. I can't imagine someone using this pos to tune their car.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
We'll start the official AEM A/F gauge bashing thread...

I just wonder how many people got this gauge because "its cool" and don't even realize the readings bouncing all over the place are not accurate. I can't imagine someone using this pos to tune their car.

Lol. I hear ya ! Maybe they just have no idea how to read the damn thing in the first place. I'm buying a new one for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread