Aeroforce help!!!

spitfirep087

Established Member
Anyone know what the Aeroforce part number with green display for our cars should be? My wife got me for Christmas installed everything and the gauge comes on and just turns right back off. All I can find is that I must have to wrong p/n for my car. My p/n is CN FD501. Any help is appreciated!

cj428mach

Established Member
Try pushing both of the buttons at the same time, you may need to hold them for a few seconds.

Blueline

Established Member
Thats the correct number. Stupid question but you have the key on right? They will power up for a sec when you initially plug them in, but then if the key is off they turn off. They turn on with the key on.

spitfirep087

Established Member
The key is on. But the instructions are pretty vague that come with. Nothing about what platform to choose or anything. I have it on platform 1. Cant seem to get it to work at all. It came from lethal think o just got a bad one?

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It should say in the instructions and on the aeroforce website which platform to choose

spitfirep087

Established Member
Only thing hooked up is the obdII connector. I didn't plug in the other connect and left the jumper in place since I wasn't using the other connector. It stays on as long as I'm in setup. Will let me choose PIDS but then as soon as I go to scan and it switches screens to display data (which it show the name of the pid but no value for them) then after 2 or 3 seconds shuts off and flash the leds on top twice (first flash is 1 led second flash is both) im at a loss.

spitfirep087

Established Member
Think I figured it out. I received a gauge for 2011+ ford the firmware is 3.8.1 and the gauge works perfectly on my 13 F150 and 16 Fusion. Hopefully lethal will exchange it for the correct one

Blueline

Established Member
Think I figured it out. I received a gauge for 2011+ ford the firmware is 3.8.1 and the gauge works perfectly on my 13 F150 and 16 Fusion. Hopefully lethal will exchange it for the correct one

Good thing it was an easy fix, sucks you have to wait now for them to arrive.

stradt03

Established Member
Since you have an aeroforce thread going, I have a question on mine.

The aeroforce coolant temp reads about 15-20 degrees higher than my mechanical coolant temp gauge as well as the SCT X4 unit. I know that the mechanical gauge could be off because the sensor is in the block but the X4 and the Aeroforce should be reading from the same temp sender right?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you are pulling the coolant temp from the OBD2 port and not from an additional temp sensor then I dont understand how it would read differently than the X4, they should be the same

Users who are viewing this thread