Aesthetics--matched skirts or not

c. love

Established Member
Looking at painting my side pieces and rear valance. I have seen red, blue, black and several other colors matched but not white. I am on the fence about it but here in a few weeks I am going to fix and repaint the front bumper and fender where there are some flaws so while I am there I was thinking paint the sides and rear or not.

I guess the question is does any one have a white 11-12 with the OE skirts painted? I find several white cars with other types of sides but not the OE. The biggest comparison is the 13 to my car (pic below). A few have said the RTR stripes and updated front end bring it together so the 11 will look odd.

My car also has RTR front, sides and rear. I would paint sides and rear leaving front and all splitters alone.

Pics and or thoughts

mine vs 2013

null_zps839a4eca.gif

kingnut

Established Member
Paint them. It reminds me of civics riding around with unpainted body kits.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
The painted looks nice but it's hell to keep all the road tar and crap off of. Thinking of swapping my 13 to the 10-12 style skirts for less maintenance...

Nuar

Established Member
I can second the pain in the ass to keep clean.. Looks good, but sometimes I wish I had the 11-12 car to not have to deal with it. Not to mention rock chips from road debris kicked up by the front wheels.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I would keep it black. The white makes it look low and squared like a need for speed body kit or something. Not sure if you understand what I'm saying.

GT915

Established Member
Having them painted looks better, but having them painted with a bunch of rock chips from your wide tires would look like shit. I'd leave it black unless you don't drive it much.

sean04

Established Member
I like your car the way it is. Im a fan of the front end and unpainted side skirts of the 2010-2012's

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the unpainted look of the 10-12's. If the 13's were unpainted I may have bought one over my 12.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
The black skirts and rear are one of my favorite things. Like others have said, it protects the paint in the lower portion of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread