AFS 17x9 17x10.5 chromes with Nitto 555's (3 pics)

OverToad

Established Member
Not hijacked at all! That's important information!!!!! :beer:

That shows me that it isn't so much a bolt issue, as it's strictly the width of the tires.
So a rim must have the right offset in order to fit any of these tires.
I hope this thread gives people the answers they are lookin' for.......

AMB

Established Member
If you are going to use the stock wheels for drag racing only with the Nitto's 315-40 ZR17s; you will get a better footprint at 8psi than the 10.5 x 17 AFS.

AMB

lguerra1

Established Member
Originally posted by AMB
If you are going to use the stock wheels for drag racing only with the Nitto's 315-40 ZR17s; you will get a better footprint at 8psi than the 10.5 x 17 AFS.

AMB

The issue is, you do not want to run a tubeless tire at 8 psi. Nitto doesnt even recommend running thier tires at that pressure. Always remember low tire pressure is not necc. what you are looking for. I would say running a tubeless tire at 8 psi is pretty dangerous.

Orange Poison

Established Member
That first pic of the Redfire with the chromes looks beautiful....I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the redfire, but for some reason it looks outstanding with the chromes.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Sorry to hi-jack your pics Toad.
Here's where the 315 BFG DR's were rubbing.

I wonder if my local fabrication shop could do somthing like a custom brackets for the IRS so we can have a little better clearance. This particular shop speciallizes in custom suspension fabrication... mostly for live axle jeeps, blazers, and broncos. But I don't see why they couldn't do something for the IRS brackets and related components.

I think I'll talk to them about it when I go pick up my Jeep and see what they say.

:beer:

btw Very cool tire/wheel setup.

*those damn monkeys! :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread