After all the hype, who here is actually buying?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I could be in...……….but not for a first year car. I wanna know all the info first (like hp, weight, VIR lightning lap time from C&D etc etc) then I'll see.

My problem in getting this car would be I will have to can my Z06 and 13 Shelby if I go for the new one. I will have to think long and hard about doing that and whether I really want to do it.

If I do go for it...………….the top dog model for me.

Tony

blk02edge

Established Member
From the C&D article linked by Snoopy:

"Ford says the GT500 will be able to hit 60 mph in less than three seconds and turn the quarter-mile in less than eleven seconds."

I thought Ford said 3.5 seconds 0 to 60 and 11 sec quarter miles?
Less than 3 seconds would mean 2.xx, doesnt seem realistic to me ha

rwleonard

Established Member
I can't say zero interest, but I really like my '13, and I don't think the new one will be any faster around the track, because it would still be just me, driving it, you see.

If they bring out a convertible later, I might go for that and throw a roll bar in it for the track. My wife would drive it if it were a vert with the DCT, so it would get more driving and less sitting.

paluka21

Established Member
I can't say zero interest, but I really like my '13, and I don't think the new one will be any faster around the track, because it would still be just me, driving it, you see.

If they bring out a convertible later, I might go for that and throw a roll bar in it for the track. My wife would drive it if it were a vert with the DCT, so it would get more driving and less sitting.

A 'vert MY 20/21 '500 would be very appealing to me as well. My guess is it "could" happen given that every other year GT500 was offered in convertible. And so were the 2003/04 Terminators.

blk02edge

Established Member

Id put good money on you being much faster in the 20 than the 13 lol. Especially because of the DCT

rwleonard

Established Member
No. I installed an auto blip though. I could do the heel toe thing fairly well, as long as I didn't need full braking, as my brake pedal goes well below the throttle pedal, so I would sometimes catch it, too. Inconvenient on track, possibly disastrous on the street. I do have the idea of stuffing a dct into my '13 down the road. Faster on track and can drink coffee on the street. Win/win.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting thought on the DCT retro fit. At the car show I really wanted a tape measure, but it looked very similar to my Magnum XL. I mean it fits in the same tunnel right?
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the DCT'S for sale out of the car show wrecks. I dont have use for one sadly.

rwleonard

Established Member
Any of you have thoughts on shops that might be interested in and capable of such a project?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have never sat in an S550 drivers seat, so I stopped buy a dealership on Wed and tried on a 2019 Mustang GT seat for size. I fit nicely and I like the interior, my only problem was the rear window. When looking in the rear view mirror the rear window appeared to be about 1/2 the height of my 13. I can't imagine how much smaller it will look with a large wing attached to the trunk lid.
Maybe one of the GT350R owners can chime in with their observations?

Last edited:

Established Member
yup, the R wing eats visibility but I can see well once I trained my eyes around it...

That said I almost bought the APR-GT250 for my previous tech pack car and I think it would stand up taller into the smoother air and allow better visibility than the R wing. It also looks like the new GT500 wing, which makes it quite attractive to me.

Users who are viewing this thread