After months the FRs are on!!

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
After waiting for the black FR 500s dd with polished lip for almost 3 months now. I finially got them on. I had them ordered by wheel replicas but they kept saying "end of month" or "teo more weeks" or whatever. I was even told they were on the ship and expected into port in the next few days (that was over a month ago). Guess that ship sank! I will say, i do know thier hands are tied on getting shipments from over seas. My company has also done some international business and it is a waiting game most the time. I got lucky and found a guy on modular that had a new set in unopen boxes. He changed his mind on his set up and went with a different wheel. Even more lucky, he lived in Atlanata. Which is where my car is now getting some work done. So it just worked out.
Anyway without further chit chat.....03 KB Cobra, redfire metalic flamed vert, with black FR 500s dd polished lip, 18x9 fronts with nitto 555r 275 35 18 and 18x10 backs with 305 35 18 nitto DRs. :banana: :pepper: :banana:

What do you all think?

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
looks good man.. :thumbsup:

You know... i've always wondered... looking at these FR500's... their "lips" are never mirror polished... is there a clearcoat on it? If not, is it possible to polish it yourself, to give it that super reflective gleam?

John and Renae

Established Member
That looks outstanding...

congrats.

and...they are clear coated...wash with normal car wash soap and water...

You can apply carnuba wax to them and that really wakes up the finish.

Just DON'T apply any cleaners or abrasives or you will ruin the clear.

Last edited:

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words and the advice. I was wondering about the clearcoat thing as well. I never use any cleaner on my wheels anyway. Its allways just soap and water. I hope it looks as good with the top down as it does up. I also have the tints from autobadges to go over the tail lights and side markers. When i get it back from the tuners i will put them on and get soem more picks up.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I'm getting red X's but I"m sure they are sick.

I'm STILL waiting on the anthracite FR500's I ordered about two months ago. :bored:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
looks great. that's the exact set i want. i was bummed they didnt have a staggered set-up available but now that you say there are replicas.....
do you know how much the retail price on the was supposed to be?

ps your car looks hot, if it was mine, id change the cobra letters to black, to match the wheels and top (if it were mine ;-)

4.6speed

Established Member
urwtdrm said:
Looks great. Do the rear tires rub at all?
Nice! and I am waiting for you to answer this as well. How much clearance from the IRS bolt? This is the same Wheel tire combo that I want.

4.6speed

Established Member
4.6speed said:
Nice! and I am waiting for you to answer this as well. How much clearance from the IRS bolt? This is the same Wheel tire combo that I want.
Oh...Never mind, I see in your sig that you have a live axle.

Users who are viewing this thread