Aftermarket alarm?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ok guys question because Im just not sure and will probably ask my dealer straight up but curious of everyone else's thoughts: I want to get an aftermarket alarm, a really good one to help thwart any attempts. Im really liking the Viper alarm with smart start ( its an option to add to the regular alarm which allows GPS tracking with a smart phone or comp) its pretty pricey but Viper is among the best. My question is, will this type of thing void the warranty? is there a dealer option to this type of thing? maybe they will install it and cover it? or does it not matter because its not power train related? thoughts?

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
Ok guys question because Im just not sure and will probably ask my dealer straight up but curious of everyone else's thoughts: I want to get an aftermarket alarm, a really good one to help thwart any attempts. Im really liking the Viper alarm with smart start ( its an option to add to the regular alarm which allows GPS tracking with a smart phone or comp) its pretty pricey but Viper is among the best. My question is, will this type of thing void the warranty? is there a dealer option to this type of thing? maybe they will install it and cover it? or does it not matter because its not power train related? thoughts?

Never heard of an alarm voiding warranty! I have used the Viper smart start on several vehicles, it is truly a great piece. I used the app on my iPhone!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
yea I dont want to hook up the remote start, not good for a manual car nor is it recommended anyway. Plus I just need a basic alarm from Viper and add the gps portion...that will give a lil more piece of mind

Users who are viewing this thread