aftermarket belt tensioners

94slowbra1

Established Member
Where’d you get it at that price?
so dude on ebay. shot him the offer and he accepted. couldnt pass it up for that price. would an all billet one look nice, absolutely but thats a bunch of money i didnt have to spend. plus ive read about a couple of folks not liking their high dollar ones. if i can get metco to make me a matching pulley ill be all in for about $150

94slowbra1

Established Member
Got a carbon one on the way now Hahahah. If I don’t like that look I’ll sell it and we can try paining the DF one. No pressure; if it doesn’t blend right I’ll paint the whole car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
ive got the CF one on my black car. thing is sick. definitely sets the car apart without going over the top

MG0h3

Established Member
ive got the CF one on my black car. thing is sick. definitely sets the car apart without going over the top

Ya I’ve seen the pics. Looks mint on your car. Mine is MG though so not sure. I think I’m the sun the lighter carbon might come out. Just don’t want it to be a black hood vs MG.

Weighed my turd yesterday. 3660 with almost a full tank. **** that

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

94slowbra1

Established Member
thanks bro.
id hate to put mine on the scales, im sure im way over that, ha.
i say put it on like it sits and see. worst case is you paint to match and go from there

zacfennell46

Established Member
I just painted mine with engine spray paint then covered it up with the metco support lol
20190125_172849.jpeg

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I have metco brace. They have a hard plastic bump stomp that the tensioner arm rubs on. Over 3 years the stop is pretty warn so it's working

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Jason G

SVT Poster
Established Member
And here it is. Much beefier that the stocker. Dont know about the spring but it feels tougher to open when installing. It has a nice silver powder coat on it, not sure how I feel about it still. And I just emailed metco to see if the can make me a ribbed 76mm idler pulley to put on there. Literally everyone one of my pulleys on the supercharger belt are metco, would love for them all to match.
Anyway here are the pics
View attachment 1552638 View attachment 1552639 View attachment 1552640 View attachment 1552641

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did Metco ever get back to you on how to make their tensioner pulley work with their tensioner? I just bought the Roush tensioner and Metco pulley. Bolt is definitely too long.

Users who are viewing this thread