Aftermarket Borla Side Exhaust tips question

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
Hey guys, no R owner, but I've got a few questions. First, if anyone has the aftermarket 2000 Cobra R Borla double walled, dual exhaust tips for sale, PM me, I may be interested. Otherwise here it goes.

I've got a custom side exhaust with Magnapacks and had Roush tips. One tip broke off, other is scraped. I would like to fabricate or potentially buy the R tips.

I cannot find the exact specs I need. Does anyone have the specs on the inner tip size as well as outer tip diameter?

I'm looking for:
- Inside exhaust tip height
- Inside exhaust width.
- Outer exhaust tip height
- Outer exhaust tip width as well as diameter??

From my googling I've gathered the outer diameter of the exhaust tip is either 2.5" or 2.75" and the inner diameter is 2" or 2.25". I cannot get farther from those estimates without someone to take real measurements of their Borla tips.

I leave a question on diameter because I heard the tips were pressed into an oval from a circle, which would skew the measurements. However if I can have the height measurement of the inner and outer tip along with the width of the inner and outer tip I can just figure out the rest and just do what I think would look beat. Any help is appreciated, we all know this exhaust doesn't exist but I know it will compliment the scheme on my car. I have access to a welder so I can fabricate, but I'm worried about making them to big and having to start over. Having to buy tips then buy again possibly because I estimated wrong would not be cost effective. Which is why I figured I would ask to see if anyone has these measurements or even selling the Borla double walled, dual exhaust tips! I have cash if the price is right for the tips, otherwise a giant thank you and lots of gratitude if anyone would kindly measure their Borla tips, I'm talking after markt tips not the OEM btw. It's a long shot, so I'm hoping, thanks guys!!

Last edited:

CammyTheCobra

Established Member

Already saw it. Messaged the guy, he said its pretty scraped up. Then raised the prised to 300$ the following morning. I'm now not interested in that kit, for that price when he told me himself the tips are pretty beat up. I can replicate it for 1/4 that price since I can weld. I just don't know the exact measurements. If he dropped the price I'd buy it, but not 300$ for beat up tips, since I don't need the pipes. Especially when I have eBay messages from him telling me the tips are beat up, he didn't post pics of the other side for a reason.

nmp1

Established Member
raised the price after you emailed him, what a douche.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Cammy, if you would like you can come up to Leominster and take measurements off my 2000R's exhaust. Shoot me a pm and we can set it up.

Users who are viewing this thread