Aftermarket Exhaust Avail for 2013 GT500 Yet?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Might be putting the cart before the horse here since I won't have my car for a while, but anyone know of any systems out there under development yet? I LOVE the sound of the Corsa system on the 2012 GT500 that I've heard on the YouTube video. That would be my first choice (assuming it makes power/cuts weight and looks as good as the factory set-up). However, I am open to other ideas that aren't insanely priced. It must have quad tips, a nice tone with no highway drone whatsoever, and absolutely cannot sound like some redneck with straight pipes. Nothing worse than drawing too much negative attention every time you leave an intersection.

2snakes

Established Member
Corsa is down the street from where i live i know some guys that work there and yes they are going to release one soon

91svtbird

Established Member
Might be putting the cart before the horse here since I won't have my car for a while, but anyone know of any systems out there under development yet? I LOVE the sound of the Corsa system on the 2012 GT500 that I've heard on the YouTube video. That would be my first choice (assuming it makes power/cuts weight and looks as good as the factory set-up). However, I am open to other ideas that aren't insanely priced. It must have quad tips, a nice tone with no highway drone whatsoever, and absolutely cannot sound like some redneck with straight pipes. Nothing worse than drawing too much negative attention every time you leave an intersection.

Sounds like you are describing the stock 13' exhaust...LOL

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Stock is more then I ever expected, done just right, save your money and wait till you see it and hear it in person.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Stock is more then I ever expected, done just right, save your money and wait till you see it and hear it in person.

+ 1, I was all ready to purchase an aftermarket axle back muffler delete but I read the factory mufflers sounded good from the factory. So I gave it a chance. When they started it in the showroom to move it outside, I was blown away how good it sounded. It is semi quiet in the cab but decently loud on the outside. No drone at all. Plus it looks awesome. Everyone compliments the quad tips.

cobraguy24

Established Member
I have had many high end cars in the past. I have always swapped out the exhaust. I will not be changing this one. I cannot believe how good they got it from the factory. I will take it a step further I cant believe its legal. It seems loud to me in a good way.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
I have had many high end cars in the past. I have always swapped out the exhaust. I will not be changing this one. I cannot believe how good they got it from the factory. I will take it a step further I cant believe its legal. It seems loud to me in a good way.

Me too and I have to go back to pre-2000 to find anything I didn't change the stock exhaust on. That's probably because I was lazy. I'm hoping I agree with the current owner's opinions and can keep it stock.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
That's great news to hear and you all have me convinced to hold short until the car gets here. (now if it would just do that!)

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
Ford was the first company I read about doing R&D on exhaust tone and loudness, with one result being ductwork to the engine cabin.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I thinking about going to a e-cut out. I can have the rediculous and the tame. On long trips I don't want drone. But at the track and around town I want loud. So that'll probably be what I do.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
YEs from the vids I have seen, the stock systems does sound good. It also looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread