Aftermarket Idler Pulley Setup

slick4_6

Established Member
Does anyone know who makes or used to make this idler setup? I think the bearing is going bad in the idler pulley. I have a noise that is coming from that area and there is some play back and forth in the pulley. I am trying to figure out where I can get a bearing to fix it.

1110071458.jpg

chrisheltra

Established Member
I just took one of those off of my truck but I bought it years ago. I thought it was a motoblue piece. BTW thats the ugliest upper pulley Ive ever seen. lol

slick4_6

Established Member
That looks like an old school Metco idler set up. You can get the bearings from Napa

Do you know if they are the same size as the stock idler bearing or will I just have to press it out and carry it in to order one to match?

While you are at it, get that upper pulley off and replace/repaint it. That thing looks like its seen better days.

It is my own version of a non-slip upper pulley. :rolling: I am going to get Steig to press on a 2.95 aftermarket pulley if I can make myself stop driving it long enough to take the blower off and get it ported.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
That looks like a Metco idler that probaly came with the old Metco idler setup - and as I recall they took standard Ford bearings in them.

slick4_6

Established Member
It is an old Metco setup. I emailed Metco and they said it was their setup with a very old pulley design. They sent me a new bearing out for only $8.99 and were very easy to deal with. I will call them back later and get one of their upper pulleys to replace the crappy looking stock upper.

Users who are viewing this thread