Aftermarket Seats in a DD

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone in here is rockin any aftermarket seats. I am going to pick up my 99 Rio Red Cobra next week and as you all know it has the leather buckets.

This is my DD however, it will see the track once or twice a year. I was just hoping to get your thoughts on various seats. Such as: Do they sit to low? Do the side bolsters make it a pain to get in and out of? Are the seat tracks nice or peices of junk?

Thanks everyone!

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
I have Corbeau CR1's in my car, I needed something that provided better bolstering than the POS stockers. Yes, the bolsters do make it more difficult to get in and out of the car but I have found if you slide the seat fully back it makes getting in and out easier. After you get used to it its not that big of a deal. I haven't had a problem with the sliders/brackets other than during install. The way the Corbeau brackets are designed you really can't get a socket onto the rear mounting bolts and you have to use a wratcheting wrench or a plain old crescent wrench. Makes tightening those bolts down a bit of a hassle. I do sit maybe 3/4" lower which is perfect for me because it places my line of vision right in the middle of the windshield and provides plenty of head room while wearing a helmet.

Plus you save something like 30 lbs of weight by getting rid of the heavy leather stockers. The power driver's seat alone weighs as much as both of the Corbeaus with sliders.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I had corbeau TRS in my 5.0 car that I DD'ed. The side bolsters don't make them any more difficult to get in or out of than the stock seats. They sit up a little bit higher. Also, they're uncomfortable to slouch in. Either sit with good posture, or be in pain. Guess thats not a bad thing though.

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Corbeau CR1's...much better than the old 99 stockers.

pictures013ga0.jpg

pictures014kd9.jpg

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I think I'll either go with some Corbeau A4's or maybe if their still available some Sparco Torino 2's. There is a guy selling a pair locally for $500. I'd have to get the brackets but I'd still be getting out way cheaper than buying them new.

Thanks for the input everyone!

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
These are the only ones I have so far.

I go to pick up the car Monday :banana:

102_7461.jpg

CobraEngine.jpg

CobraInterior.jpg

The car is pretty much stock, only weld in flowmasters and an adjustable clutch so far.

I'm picking it up Monday and then I have to drive it back up to school for the week. But next weekend I will lower it, throw some 18inch saleens that I have laying around on it, de-wing it, and throw some 01+ headlights on it for now.

The car is insanely clean! Can't wait to finally have a 32v.

Here is the car I sold for it (those are the saleens that will find their way onto the Cobra)
NorthDeck1-16-2-Withnameborder.jpg

I will give the Cobra a proper photoshoot once I do the mods listed above as well as a full detail. I plan to do those mods on Friday and Saturday and go to a show on sunday :beer:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Oh and those fugly window "things" are coming off before I even drive the car home haha

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
What did you do with the speaker box you built for the vert?

I took it out and as of now I'm planning to use it in the Cobra. We'll see though.

When your in town we need to hit up a show sometime. You know when Mustangs Unlimited is putting on there next get-together?

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Sounds good. Not sure on the next show. I will find out. I cant wait for Atl Motor Speedway to start the drag race nights again!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread