Aftermarket Seats in a DD

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Great new buy. Now plan on coming up to VIR or CMP with us.

Haha I'll see what I can do. I have already signed up for a track day at Barber Motorsports park in April and I'm planning on hitting little talladega later this year with a few AutoX's tossed in there.

Can't wait. Suspension wise I'm planning on just some MMFLSFC, various IRS bushings, a little better pad, and the usual springs/shocks/struts.

Keeping it simple.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Haha I'll see what I can do. I have already signed up for a track day at Barber Motorsports park in April and I'm planning on hitting little talladega later this year with a few AutoX's tossed in there.

Can't wait. Suspension wise I'm planning on just some MMFLSFC, various IRS bushings, a little better pad, and the usual springs/shocks/struts.

Keeping it simple.

Good thinking. I did all MM Poly IRS bushings, Diff brace, & FLSFCs and it made quite the difference in the ride and it rarely wheel hops when its above 40 degrees. Nice looking Car!

Also did your car have the 99 fix done?

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Good thinking. I did all MM Poly IRS bushings, Diff brace, & FLSFCs and it made quite the difference in the ride and it rarely wheel hops when its above 40 degrees. Nice looking Car!

Also did your car have the 99 fix done?

Yea its a 2 owner car and the first owner was a young lady, so my first thoughts were that the car was going to be a peice of crap. But upon looking at it she kept very good cary of it and has ALLLL the documentation on it. The car does have the fix, it was extrude honed and had the computer reflashed along with the different catback.

I didn't get to see all of the documents she had but hopefully the window sticker and other various documents are in the folder.

Can't wait, gettin up at 5AM to get an early start. I have a 3 hour drive to pick up the car and then a 3 hour drive back and before I can get the insurance finalized i have to get the emissions done since its out of state but then I have class at 2:00PM.. haha I think I may be skipping.

gmsux

Established Member
Exciting to bring home the stepchild cobra isn't it!

I bought mine (same as yours) in Sept. last year and am having a great time driving/modding it. Since it has not been brought up yet, seriously look at Bruce's IRS Fix kit. It's the best engineered and best quality IRS fix out there.

congrats! Now change your oil and put 7qts in. :)

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Exciting to bring home the stepchild cobra isn't it!

I bought mine (same as yours) in Sept. last year and am having a great time driving/modding it. Since it has not been brought up yet, seriously look at Bruce's IRS Fix kit. It's the best engineered and best quality IRS fix out there.

congrats! Now change your oil and put 7qts in. :)

Haha thanks!

And yes I am getting more excited by the minute. I've had to wait a week to pick the car up due to my school and work schedule.

I have alot of research to do concerning the IRS subject. This will be my first IRS car so I have a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but boy am I ready for that curve. :beer:

I have a feeling I will hopefully become a permanent fixture in these parts.

I just can't wait until the search is working again. This way I'm not
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Thanks everyone for the positive response!

-I think I'm going to need a new Signature :banana: and I can change the quote under my Username

99cobra302

Established Member
a guy in my local club somehow made the leather RSX Type-S seats fit in his 99 Cobra and they looked awesome!! the color matched perfect to a dark charcoal interior as well

these are the seats...obviously still in an RSX
Picture039.gif

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Bruces IRS bushing kit is a great kit, only downside the $$

You're joking right? The only thing I would say has to be done at one time is the delrin. $300-400 really isn't that much. Unless you don't install it yourself, then it gets pricey. But, that's not Bruce's fault.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
You're joking right? The only thing I would say has to be done at one time is the delrin. $300-400 really isn't that much. Unless you don't install it yourself, then it gets pricey. But, that's not Bruce's fault.

What i meant was it is a lot of $. I think its 595 for the complete kit. It is worth it IMO though, but not everyone would have the $$ for those bushings. I did the MMs and if i did it again i would probably bite the bullet and get Bruce's kit, but i didn't have the cash at the time.

I also never said it was Bruce's fault. Hes gotta pay the expenses to get it made and make something out of it.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
What i meant was it is a lot of $. I think its 595 for the complete kit. It is worth it IMO though, but not everyone would have the $$ for those bushings. I did the MMs and if i did it again i would probably bite the bullet and get Bruce's kit, but i didn't have the cash at the time.

I also never said it was Bruce's fault. Hes gotta pay the expenses to get it made and make something out of it.

I hear ya, I'm just saying with all the money that guys spend on catback and CAIs, that's not alot of money to spend on something that drastically changes how the car performs. But, the install is quite a bit more involved.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well I picked up the car today and all I can say is that I am in Loooooove haha.

I had to wake up around 5:15 but for once I didn't mind. Drove down to SC and get there around 9ish and we went to his credit union to pick up the title. Well the credit union failed to tell us they went electronic so they didn't have the title. So I was a bit bummed and was thinking I wasn't going to be able to bring the car home (after a 3 hour drive mind you) but we went to the DMV and the credit union covered the cost of getting the title printed since this was the first time they used the new system.

But got in it and fell in love. The car drives amazing, extremely straight and extremely smooth. The car has an adjustable clutch that I think I'm going to adjust a bit and some quiet flowmasters. I'll keep those flow's on until I can find a decent used SS magnaflow cat-back to polish up.

The car has quite a bit of power and winds up for quite sometime haha. I'm used to the 5900rpm or so limit of the 2v.

Overall I am extremely happy with the car. Now its just time to start modding it :banana:

But I can't do that until friday since I have to leave for school in a few minutes but I can't wait to get to working on it and I will take some decent photos once its lowered with the saleens. :beer:

Thanks guys!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Picking up the Cobra and the drive home was one of my most enjoyable moments for me. Have fun with the mods:beer:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well I just took my roomate for a ride in the new slowbra and I have one thing to say....

WHEEL HOP SUCKS!!! haha. I thought my vert had bad wheel hop but holy crap haha...

Keep in mind it was 40* on a stock sized rim but goodness haha.

The car is pretty darn quick though! I love it!

And I had a C5 Vette playing with me a little bit on the ride back to school tonight. But I am not familiar enough with this car to have the revs singing to much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread