Rookie
Established Member
IMG_20140207_164631546_zps99823c8f.jpg

IMG_20140207_164645222_zps673ea71f.jpg

IMG_20140207_164701867_zps4413024c.jpg

IMG_20140207_164724260_zps973c4557.jpg

Paul.

Established Member
Cloth Recaros with OEM manual brackets weigh 54.8 pounds. I am converting my FRPP cloth Recaros to power/adjustable lumbar/heated/Shelby leather next weekend, and will provide additional detail then. This will include the weights of factory driver/passenger 401A premium heated GT seats, as well as the converted power Recaros.

Also, some helpful tech for this thread...

The 2011/12 cars have a different seat airbag module than the 2013/14 cars. I'm told the plug is physically different, and even if the connector is spliced to retrofit the '13/'14 Recaros (for example) into an '11/'12, you will get an airbag light. This can be rectified by taking the seats apart, unbolting the airbag module in the seat back, and swapping them. Tob's thread in the Shelby section on his FRPP Recaros that he converted to power/leather has details on how the seats come apart. Additionally, I will add information next weekend on how to install OEM seat heaters if your car came with the comfort package.

Of note, swapping basically any seat in the car except for the airbag-equipped Recaros, or another set of OEM seats will trigger an airbag light. Those of you choosing to do so should consider that.

Paul.

Last edited:

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I have factory leather Recaros in my car. I'm 6ft 280lbs, with a 42 waist and big thighs. My left leg sits on top of the bolster if I try to leave my foot on the dead pedal, so I have to sit it on the floor and lift that leg a bit when driving long distances on the highway. That's not that big of a deal. Also, the rivets on my jeans keep catching on steering wheel and/or the left back bolster getting in and out of the car. It's got lots of scratches on it now.

Contemplating pulling my driver's seat to repair and reinstall when I go to sell. Anyone know if Corbeau LG1s are wider in the base than the factory Recaros? Or any other quality decently bolstered seat that fits? Also, airbags? I don't want to disable the other airbags or see the dummy light constantly.

toomnymods

Established Member
I have factory leather Recaros in my car. I'm 6ft 280lbs, with a 42 waist and big thighs. My left leg sits on top of the bolster if I try to leave my foot on the dead pedal, so I have to sit it on the floor and lift that leg a bit when driving long distances on the highway. That's not that big of a deal. Also, the rivets on my jeans keep catching on steering wheel and/or the left back bolster getting in and out of the car. It's got lots of scratches on it now.

Contemplating pulling my driver's seat to repair and reinstall when I go to sell. Anyone know if Corbeau LG1s are wider in the base than the factory Recaros? Or any other quality decently bolstered seat that fits? Also, airbags? I don't want to disable the other airbags or see the dummy light constantly.

Same as the above poster.. what racing seat options are available for the "big guys" plenty of options for the toothpicks.. lol how bout the 6' 300lb guys??

Paul.

Established Member
Same as the above poster.. what racing seat options are available for the "big guys" plenty of options for the toothpicks.. lol how bout the 6' 300lb guys??

Lose 100 pounds. :shrug::banana:

Seriously though, I don't know many seats that are going to provide meaningful support for a 300 pound man.

Users who are viewing this thread