Aftermarket seats

drkmrkiv

Established Member
I don't know the specific weight of the premiums, but they weigh A LOT

I, myself, have been looking at the Sparco's. The white stitching matches the existing white stitching already in the car.

Smarties

Established Member
Thank you for the info on the A4. You are about my size so I would probably fit well in those. When you have time, please post a picture.

The picture of the R100 is better looking in black than with the colors. The thing that is killing the sparco's are the price of the brackets. They are more expensive and are only brackets.

Others have information to share or pictures about Corbeau or Sparco seats. Please add more information as for others also.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Thank you for the info on the A4. You are about my size so I would probably fit well in those. When you have time, please post a picture.

The picture of the R100 is better looking in black than with the colors. The thing that is killing the sparco's are the price of the brackets. They are more expensive and are only brackets.

Others have information to share or pictures about Corbeau or Sparco seats. Please add more information as for others also.

Why not just get a set of Corbeau seat brackets? $200 for the pair:

Corbeau Mustang Seat Bracket Set kit (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

-Nick

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
apologies, too lazy to host just to downsize. You dont have dial up, you'll survive ;-)

Cory, I dont believe Sparco makes them in "wide-version". However they are designed to fit "medium to large frame" people according to Sparco's website

NON-recaro leather premium seats? The R100's are made out of steel and weigh 26.9 pounds. I am not sure how much the OEM seats
weigh but I would bet they are easily DOUBLE that weight, so over 50lbs. Especially since they come with airbags and some of them powered!

After discovering the R100's I may opt out of buying the recaro's on my 14' I am about to order. The price point is great, and Sparco makes
quality everything

The recaro package is what? $1400? Get it and I'll trade you brand new R100's.

Smarties

Established Member
Well I don't think the corbeau brackets will fit a Sparco seats. If they would, everybody would buy Corbeau brackets instead of Sparco brackets.

Also is it me or the Sparco R100 seems cheaper made than the other Sparco seats like the chrono road.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I think the vinyl R100's looks MUCH better than the cloth. Best bet would be to read the reviews on them by doing a google search or something.

Smarties

Established Member
I don't think the Corbeau brackets are that universal. Yes they may install well in the Mustang but do a Sparco seats fits on the bracket easily. That I'm not sure.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Yeah, I've been trying to find a pic of the bottom of a R100 or the deminsions of the mounting holes to verify.

Im just judging from the picture of the Sparco bracket and the picture of the Corbeau bracket. The mounting holes look pretty similar.

But ofcourse this is all speculation

Smarties

Established Member
Well I have found that the Recaro don't fit my 2012 because of the airbag plug or something like that.

So if I want to change seats, it will need to be a seat without airbags. So between Sparco and Corbeau.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I had Sparco Torino II's in my 04 Lightning and loved them. A little pricy but worth it. I ordered the seat brackets from Sparco, When the brackets arrived a week after the seats I couldn't believe they were made by Moroso.
So I wonder if the Corbeau brackets would fit the Sparco seat or they could be found on the Moroso site.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you might look at the procar by scat as well

we are a dealer for them, a nice less expensive alternative, but very supportive and lost of styles

Smarties

Established Member
What procar seats is better? How much for the Rave or the drifter.

Does it hold color well over time? How much for the brackets?

junglerc

Established Member
I just recently installed a Sparco Chrono Road in my 2012 premium. It's the best money I have spent on the car so far!

Go for the wedge engineering brackets, double locking slider. Good stuff.

As for the seat itself, I went for a budget seat since I couldn't test fit any seats. The seat is very stylish, extremely comfortable, but the cloth material seems somewhat cheap/delicate. Overall, it's worth it though. If you do go for the Chrono road, be aware of the two versions out there. The regular version is a WIDE version, there is also a MEDIUM version. I am 5 '10 205lbs, and I fit perfectly in the MEDIUM.

5.0jake

Established Member
I have microsuede corbeau A4's (non wide version) in my 2012. I really, really like them. I sit perfectly in them (5'9) and my backseat is not useless, I drive around with my Mom and sister all the time and they have no issues getting into the backseat.

Had these in my car for about 2 years now.

Is this exactly what you have?

Corbeau A4 Racing Seat (Black Microsuede) S60091

Smarties

Established Member
junglerc, post a pictures of your seat in the car. That's one model I was interested in but never seen any pictures in the car.

Does it hold you well in the seats? Where did you bought them? How much for the wedge rails? Did you had problem installing them.

Users who are viewing this thread