Afternoon Bud...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm interested in Griggs' Watts for S197 chassis vehicles. I'm looking at the standard kit (non-quiet). I see it listed at their site as...

GriggsWattsPricing.jpg

Along with that, I think I'd need the steel bracket that fits between the aluminum plate and the axle cover (I already have an FRPP low profile cover that I can modify myself)...

GriggsWattsBracket.jpg

I've searched far and wide Van and have been unable to find the following listed anywhere...

- The rod ends. Who manufactures them? Which specific rod end are they (size, strength, teflon liner or not)?

- The aluminum tubes. What diameter are they and what grade aluminum (6061,7075, etc)?

And finally, can the anodized aluminum plate that mounts to the rear cover be hard anodized in black instead of blue?

I'm asking for details because I'm able to obtain the relevant data from everyone else that makes a Watts kit (Steeda, Fays, Whiteline, etc) but not Griggs - on the web that is. I have made no attempt to call them. I just like to know what I'm paying for instead of being told that it is simply 'good' enough. Having high quality teflon rod ends is very important to me as are appropriate materials selection.

You can pm me anytime and let me know a good time to call you. I'm between MRI's/doctors/pills right now so I may not be home if you were to just drop me a line. Thanks in advance for anything you can find out.

Tob

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Van. There is a ton of data to sift through when trying to compare the various systems that are out there and currently available. I like much of what I see with the Griggs unit but I simply need more information if I am to make an educated decision.

I appreciate your time in finding answers that I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread