Air and Fuel with F1A.

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
So I bought that F1A I was talking about in my other thread, but figured it would be more direct if I started a new thread with these questions.

How much power can I make without going to a Cobra fuel setup? Eric @ The House of Boost said I can hit right around 600rwhp without needing it. I'll be running 60# injectors and a BAP. Is this number or close to this number attainable with that setup? What kind of fuel pump is best if the stocker + bap won't cut it? I haven't heard much about stacking an aftermarket pump and a BAP.

I'm also looking at a PMAS Blow Through mass air flow sensor, as well They seem pretty well respected and I've heard they clear up a lot of driveability issues. Thoughts?

Also, are there any companies out there that make a full on 8 rib conversion that isn't going to rape my wallet? A guy at Procharger insists that 14-15# with a 3.9" pulley isn't going to have many belt slip issues, but I'd like to know that an 8 rib setup is attainable.

Thanks.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I have a single focus pump and bap right now. Others told me it would be maxed around 475whp. I havent been able to find that out yet. Probably would be best to just put in the cobra pumps.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
So I bought that F1A I was talking about in my other thread, but figured it would be more direct if I started a new thread with these questions.

How much power can I make without going to a Cobra fuel setup? Eric @ The House of Boost said I can hit right around 600rwhp without needing it. I'll be running 60# injectors and a BAP. Is this number or close to this number attainable with that setup? What kind of fuel pump is best if the stocker + bap won't cut it? I haven't heard much about stacking an aftermarket pump and a BAP.

I'm also looking at a PMAS Blow Through mass air flow sensor, as well They seem pretty well respected and I've heard they clear up a lot of driveability issues. Thoughts?

Also, are there any companies out there that make a full on 8 rib conversion that isn't going to rape my wallet? A guy at Procharger insists that 14-15# with a 3.9" pulley isn't going to have many belt slip issues, but I'd like to know that an 8 rib setup is attainable.

Thanks.

Hmmm....house of boost offering fuel advice on a big power procharger. Pm me. I've got information you need regarding this exact situation.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
eric at house of boost knows his shit...

i didnt know a stock mach 1 bottom end could hold 600rwhp?

TClark22

Established Member
well the buddy i know he has a 700+rwhp 2v GT through an F1 all built and tuned by HOB...maybe he was smarter and upgraded the fuel system...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
well the buddy i know he has a 700+rwhp 2v GT through an F1 all built and tuned by HOB...maybe he was smarter and upgraded the fuel system...

The amazing part of this is that we are talking about the same guy but you don't know half the story. If he was actually your friend and not just a guy you know of with a big number car, you'd have the paul harvey on the deal. House of Boost had to put a lot of extra work into his car because they screwed up & starved it for fuel. If you want to hear it direct from the car owner, we can all get together over beers next time I'm in town.

edit: His car is not all built by hob either. They did the top end, fuel (poorly), blower, & brackets. Short block, tranny & clutch, rear-end, suspension, cage, etc were either done in his garage or sourced outside of hob.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
well then i appologize...i thought i had the story...i knew he had a problem with the motor but i think he told me it was livernois fault...o well. Eric had the car over at supertune on the dyno sometimes.

yea i know that they didnt do the motor and shit...i dont know him that well but i know what his car used to be...lol a little ol stock motor with a D1. then i heard he had built shortblock from livernois then upgraded to the F1 and everything sometime. actually i have been to scotts house. he gave me his stock fuel rails so i could use my fuel pressure gauge through the shrader valve

would i know you?

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
well then i appologize...i thought i had the story...i knew he had a problem with the motor but i think he told me it was livernois fault...o well. Eric had the car over at supertune on the dyno sometimes.

yea i know that they didnt do the motor and shit...i dont know him that well but i know what his car used to be...lol a little ol stock motor with a D1. then i heard he had built shortblock from livernois then upgraded to the F1 and everything sometime. actually i have been to scotts house. he gave me his stock fuel rails so i could use my fuel pressure gauge through the shrader valve

would i know you?

I don't think we've ever met but have probably brushed shoulders at some of the meets at fuel & such. Probably back when you still had your silver 6'er. I used to live in OP. I'll pm you the details on his car. Just suffice it to say h.o.b. dropped the ball and had more than one opportunity to make it right but failed.

Last edited:

scotts99snake

Established Member
I have an SVT focus pump and bap. I have had some fuel issues I attribute to this setup and I only have a p1 at ~8lbs. I just bought the 03 tank and pumps. This is the setup I would recommend.
As far as the 8 rib pulley goes, I am not positive. However, with the 3.9 pulley and the amount of belt wrap in your application, I wouldn't imagine you would have any beltslip.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I wouldn't even play with the single pump set up. Either go return style or step up the Terminator set up. Don't skimp on the fuel system. Especially with a F1A.

Last edited:

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
Focus pump and Bap or cobra pump and bap will max out around 550-650rwhp depening if it's a return or return(less) system and the duty cycle of the fuel injectors. Wether that be 42s -60s.

The stock bottom end of a cobra has supported as much as 950rwhp before I've seen the cranks spin the main bearings or melting a rod. 9 times out of 10 when this happened it's because the tune got too agressive. Built bottom ends with a mangafluxed crank and you can look at 750rwhp-1500rwhp easily on most cobra setups depending on how crazy you get with the tune.

Your average cobra engine with bolt ons and a simply fuel upgrade with any power adder should be able to acheive the 550-675rwhp fairly easily even on a semi conservative tune.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Chip: Are you talking about Terminator engines? I can't see a 99/01 taking 950rwhp for very long.

blownstang01

Established Member
DO NOT run an F1A with a single pump. At only 625rwhp mine was out of fuel with focus pumps and a bap with 55lb. injectors. 60 lb. injectors put me at the edge @ 700rwhp (automatic), again with focus pumps and BAP. At least go with dual pumps and a BAP. If you ever plan on up'ing the power in the future you would be better off going to a return style now and be money ahead.
By the way, I am now running 28lbs. of boost with my F1a, 10.5 static compression, ported '03 heads, custom cams, etc. and I am maxing out the duty cycle on msd 96lb. injectors, running an Aeromotive Eliminator pump. You cannot run the same fuel set-ups with the Procharger as the screws, you'll never get it rich enough.
Good Luck

WDW MKR

Established Member
My F1A is already at 90% duty cycle by 5500rpm with twin GT pumps. That's with 75lb injectors and all of the extras like dual FPDM, Fore hat, larger lines, wiring upgrade, etc. I just ordered the dual channel KB BAP to keep everything safe. My combo is currently only pullied for ~23psig.

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
return style is the only safe way to make big HP safely. Thats why I run 3 walbros... ~1600 HP of fuel , $400 in pumps gets you awesome reliability that WILL NOT fail, and they don't make any noise.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Many sweet return setups out there. I like that triple Walbro. If I ever go return, I'll swap my GT pumps for a pair of Walrbros in the Fore hat. However, I've never had any issues with my returnless and like having less plumbing to mess with. May eventually go return if I get bored enough!

Users who are viewing this thread