Air Bags and the hop

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I havent had a chance to try my car in the raid yet but since the upgrade to H&R Race springs i can honestly say my wheels hop in 1st and 2nd gear is 100% completely gone.

Even if it still does do it in the rain, i dont think i'll care much cause theirs no point spinning in the rain anyway.

maybe the springs will wear out in time, then for sure i'll look into these airbags... One thing is for sure, as already mentioned im all of a sudden enjoying the car even more now without all the wheel hop.

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
romi said:
Just got done installing mine (40 mins total). It's raining out right now, so not ideal weather to test in. But I took it out any ways. Didn't get rid of all the hop (pressures, wet road) but it sure is much better, way better. Didn't really start hopping until she was almost wound out. :-D :D :-D

I was fooling around tonight after dinner, filled them to 20 psi, took it out for a run and it seems that the sweet spot for my car is 12 to 14 psi anything higher and it has minimal hop when it wound out also.

Have I mentioned how much I love this car

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
SVT04 said:
I got a set of bags from Lou at Laurel mountain and they are the best kept secret to fixing the wheelhop we experience. 5 -6 psi on the street and 15 psi at the track works like a charm.
Are these airbags specifically for the IRS, or are they universal for irs/solid axle?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you can get them all over the place, they're nothing new

me and my buddies were using them back in the early 80's

SVT04

Established Member
traktrbeam said:

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread don't bother posting ....go play in the freeway and take your search button with you ! :loser:

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Would someone mind throwing up a couple pics of the airbags installed? I'd guess I'm not the only one wondering how they look.

Thanks in advance.

romi

Established Member
here's a couple of pics
trnsfr000.jpg

trnsfr001.jpg

Right now I have 18 lbs in mine, didn't raise the ride height at all. Still playing with the pressues.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
romi said:
here's a couple of pics

Right now I have 18 lbs in mine, didn't raise the ride height at all. Still playing with the pressues.

Romi, I installed the spacer/plate that came with the kit, it seemed to raise the back end, didn’t like how high it seemed with them. Is it just me or do they raise the back?. I removed them and it seems like it's sitting at factory height without, have you noticed this. Do you think they are needed? , I see you have your spacer's in also I ran the air line down.

romi

Established Member
Flad, I noticed no difference with my height. My spacer is actually loose in there right now. Going to remove it tonight. I don't believe it is needed with our application, just don't really see the need for it in there. I ran my lines up to help keep them away from the exhaust and from getting snagged. And I also did not use a tee (missing from the kit also). I'm running seperate lines so I can play with the pressures on each side.

Have you played with tire pressure? And what are you running right now. Still getting a bit of hop, it's a vert thing.

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Romi, I'm running 35 psi in the tires, still fiddling with the bag pressure. But you may be on to something, might start adjusting the tire pressure

Last edited:

dragon40k

Established Member
SVT04 said:
If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread don't bother posting ....go play in the freeway and take your search button with you ! :loser:

You need to relax. :pop: Is another way to say Subscribing. He is interested in the info in the thread and will now get updates without having to check back on the thread all the time. Sheesh some people.

SVT04

Established Member
dragon40k said:
You need to relax. :pop: Is another way to say Subscribing. He is interested in the info in the thread and will now get updates without having to check back on the thread all the time. Sheesh some people.

Well isn't that interesting...learn something every day. But I do think that if he wants to sub then just say so...and remove the stupid "search " button thing from his posts.......

Users who are viewing this thread