Air Bags and the hop

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
SVT04 said:
If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread don't bother posting ....go play in the freeway and take your search button with you ! :loser:

Hey douche, I'm interested in what people have to say about this product. So eat me.:thumbsup: Thanks for clarifying that for him dragon.

Last edited:

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
:pop:

I have done all the bushings and braces including MMFLSFC (AKA The "Red Pill") to the IRS with the exception of DR's. Just waiting for new rims to mount the Nitto DR 17/315 tires.... and it still hops badly. IMO all the above did little to nothing at all to help with wheel hop.

If after the tires are mounted this week and I still get hop, I will have to follow you guys and buy the bags. I am basically holding off on any HP mods until I get this problem resolved.

Do you have to remove the springs to get these bags in place. I would be very interested in if it changes the ride height (conflicting stories) as I like the ride height after installing HR race springs.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
CobraO4 said:
:pop:

I have done all the bushings and braces including MMFLSFC (AKA The "Red Pill") to the IRS with the exception of DR's. Just waiting for new rims to mount the Nitto DR 17/315 tires.... and it still hops badly. IMO all the above did little to nothing at all to help with wheel hop.

that's because drag radials should be the first thing to try...

things will look up for you when you get them on :burnout:

romi

Established Member
Laurel Montain, its not on their website, just give them a call.
Do you have to remove the springs to get these bags in place. I would be very interested in if it changes the ride height (conflicting stories) as I like the ride height after installing HR race springs.
You do not have to remove the springs, I did however unbolt the shock so I could get a little more room. Before and after install height changed was under a quarter inch on my car.

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
JB said:
that's because drag radials should be the first thing to try...

things will look up for you when you get them on :burnout:

I agree I should have started with the softer tires.
Just got a set of nitto's. However I lost my lug nut lock key when I put the bags in and had to order a replacement from McGard should come in the mail within 7 to 10 days.......... never a dull moment

Anyway hopping that will remove the last little bit of hop during wind down and if not I can live with it at this point.

The improvement with the bags is 1000% better than before

Oh, have I mentioned how much I luv this car

SVT04

Established Member
traktrbeam said:
Hey douche, I'm interested in what people have to say about this product. So eat me.:thumbsup: Thanks for clarifying that for him dragon.

So now I'm a douche :lol: If you notice I added my experience with the airbags that I installed from Laurel Mountain too.... You may also notice that I provided you a little "feedback" on what you should do with that smart assed little portion of your posts dealing with the search button.
As far as eating you goes...no thanks I don't think I could stomach the smell and I would probably get some sort of fatal disease :lol:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Laurel mountain Tel # 724 696 9665 or toll free 1888 925 (pony) 7669. make sure if you order they include the Brass Tee.

Last edited:

romi

Established Member
Finally had time to play with air pressures this weekend. Outside temp was right around 70 degrees. So I purposely went out and spun the tires. Best results seem to be about 26 lbs in the bags and 30 lbs in the tires. Still had some slight hop towards the end of the burnout. I did notice that I had no hop if my rear end slid to the left or right, like around a corner, fishtailing. I only was getting hop in a perfectly straight line. I'm guessing this would be do to the upper and lower control arm bushings (maybe a future winter project) flexing and maybe the stock toe link bars. Overall, I'm real happy with the results I have gotten from the bags, definitely worth it in my opinion. So I'm done working on the IRS for now, finally. Now on to the HP mods, FINALLY.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm going to try these next! I've done the steps of the red pill excluding the DR's and my car still hops! Thanks for the info!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Drag Radials are deffinately the best rear end mod I have made so far. If you eliminate spin, you eliminate hop. Traction is key. However, I'm going to try these bags along with some coupe spec shocks. My car hops like mad when they spin, but if the ground is warm and I work some clutch magic, there is no spin and no hop.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
drag radials should be the FIRST thing you do to prevent hop, not do everything else first and then complain it didn't help

I ran airbags in my 99 Cobra and it did help tremendously with wheelhop, but on my 03 Cobra I decided to just go with QA1's. If you run 25-30lbs of air in the airbags the rear of the car WILL be at least 1" higher than with no air in them.

romi

Established Member
If you run 25-30lbs of air in the airbags the rear of the car WILL be at least 1" higher than with no air in them.

I measured mine before install and with 26lbs in them. I have a .25 inch difference. So height must vary with each car. Mine didn't raise no inch.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
romi said:
I measured mine before install and with 26lbs in them. I have a .25 inch difference. So height must vary with each car. Mine didn't raise no inch.

+1

So romi, whats the consences, thumbs up for the bags ?

willyum

Fast Enough!
Established Member
Has anyone tried these at a track yet? I am purchasing these tomorrow morning and hoping that the hopping is a thing of the past. It is one thing that has kept me from getting on the throtte too hard in fear of toasting the diff. As stated before, I know I need to get the diff brace. I have been spending so much money trying to get the "hop" to stop. :)

Users who are viewing this thread