Air/Oil Separator

916er

Established Member
I was thinking of installing an Air/Oil Separator on my 2012. I saw that Moroso makes one and it is on e-bay. Are there other manufacturers and which one is the best?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I do not have one yet, it will be Bobs or JLT's new design

I think the SEARCH feature of this site is still not working. If you GOOGLE you can find a lot of information from several of the GT500 forums.

:pop:

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have the Bob's and have no complaints. Many people speak highly of the JLT with the new screen. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. JLT is getting ready to release a new model, so you should also check it out. You will only need the passenger side.

[video=youtube;Xk_RWMBAKK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_RWMBAKK4[/video]

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Bob's or JLT, I have a Bob's separator, at the time it was much better at catching oil than JLT but JLT fixed their filters and from what I've read they're just as good and easier to install. Can't go wrong with either.

merkyworks

Established Member
Bob's on passenger side because thats the side that sees high oil so the larger can doesn't require draining as often. JLT on drivers side even though this side isn't known for oil issues its just added insurance.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Checked out the JLT 3.0. Pretty cool, it now holds 3oz of oil. Thanks to SCGallo for pointing out the new release!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
The evolution of the JLT Oil Separator filter screen:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread