Air Ride: Air Lift Performance

AMP GT500

Established Member
I would like to replace my H&R lowering springs with the Air Lift Performance Digital Air Ride Kit, and wanted to know if anyone had experience (pros / cons) with the kit and the best place to purchase. While the H&R springs achieve the aggressive look, the ride is extremely harsh, especially on the crappy PA roads.

I like the idea of having multiple preset heights and being able to adjust ride height on the fly.

Thanks

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I would like to replace my H&R lowering springs with the Air Lift Performance Digital Air Ride Kit, and wanted to know if anyone had experience (pros / cons) with the kit and the best place to purchase. While the H&R springs achieve the aggressive look, the ride is extremely harsh, especially on the crappy PA roads.

I like the idea of having multiple preset heights and being able to adjust ride height on the fly.

Thanks

AMP - Received and replied to your PM sir.

I can't say nice enough things about their kits. I've been around their products on imports/euros for about 8 years now and they're not only fun but reliable. I just had a friend post a picture of one of his bags after 75k miles and he's had literally no issues what so ever.

Aside from the novelty aspect of being able to literally adjust your settings on the fly the car "does" handle that much better.

I'm sure Nate and Zak will drop by in a second to sing some high praises for the crew at Airlift. They're a great bunch to work with.

You know what they say anyhow, A picture is worth a thousand words.

air%20capture_zpsph59bhui.jpg

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
There are a few threads on this, several people have the older v2 setup. They just came out with a newer setup that I don't know much about. I have the digital v2 system and like it a lot. I really don't have anything bad to say. The system is great. I'm about to get a set of Viar 444c compressors because I got penis envy over a buddy of mines system that is just stupid quiet with those compressors. If I had a wish it would be that the dampeners were electronically adjustable instead of manual. Other than that it's all pros. The system is adjustable as ****.. height and comfort. The dampeners are 30 click adjustable so the range should cover anything you need. As far as the height, you can put it on the ground or have it at stock height. Some people want to hate but it's because they can't open their minds to understand anything other than a static look at the car. I've had the system almost two years with no problems. If you don't mind the coin do it. I have no regrets.

If you have any specific question just ask.

Last edited:

HighTorque

Established Member
there are a few threads on this, several people have the older v2 setup. They just came out with a newer setup that i don't know much about. I have the digital v2 system and like it a lot. I really don't have anything bad to say. The system is great. I'm about to get a set of viar 444c compressors because i got penis envy over a buddy of mines system that is just stupid quiet with those compressors. If i had a wish it would be that the dampeners were electronically adjustable instead of manual. Other than that it's all pros. The system is adjustable as ****.. Height and comfort. The dampeners are 30 click adjustable so the range should cover anything you need. As far as the height, you can put it on the ground or have it at stock height. Some people want to hate but it's because they can't open their minds to understand anything other than a static look at the car. I've had the system almost two years with no problems. If you don't mind the coin do it. I have no regrets.

If you have any specific question just ask.

what other suspension mods are you using? Do you ever race your car?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I have BMR adjustable UCA, LCA, relocation brackets, and panhard bar. I don't 1/4 mile race my car but I have gotten into the occasional street race. I drive the car hard enough to realize I very badly want a watts link. The rear end lifts in right hand turns and I had some rubbing with my taller MPSS. The car handled really well with the Good Year and MPSS, now I'm trying to get used to the wider R888 315's. I think the car handles better with the Air Lift kit than it did stock or with Ford lowering springs.
There is a user named Sharad that has the kit and races. Take a look at this thread.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Thanks for all the responses. One of my main concerns, at this point, is determining at what height to align. I know most say that you should align at the height that you anticipate driving at the most, because it won't make much difference once lowered below or raised above that height if only driving for short distances.

HighTorque

Established Member
I have BMR adjustable UCA, LCA, relocation brackets, and panhard bar. I don't 1/4 mile race my car but I have gotten into the occasional street race. I drive the car hard enough to realize I very badly want a watts link. The rear end lifts in right hand turns and I had some rubbing with my taller MPSS. The car handled really well with the Good Year and MPSS, now I'm trying to get used to the wider R888 315's. I think the car handles better with the Air Lift kit than it did stock or with Ford lowering springs.
There is a user named Sharad that has the kit and races. Take a look at this thread.

THANKS FOR THAT LINK ANSWERES ALOT :thumbsup:

efroeh

Established Member
Damn everytime a thread like this pops up makes me want air..... I do have all winter to do a install. We're can a guy buy this from?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks for all the responses. One of my main concerns, at this point, is determining at what height to align. I know most say that you should align at the height that you anticipate driving at the most, because it won't make much difference once lowered below or raised above that height if only driving for short distances.
I aligned at my driving height. The only times I'm not at that height are getting in and out of my driveway, over speed bumps, or stopped.

Damn everytime a thread like this pops up makes me want air..... I do have all winter to do a install. We're can a guy buy this from?
I would take a close look at the new Air Lift system that's just come out. I believe it's wireless and has height based pressures. My system is hardwired, and I had to figure out what pressure to use for the heights I use. Then you can find a dealer near you from their website if you can't get it straight from Air Lift. The system can be installed on jack stands and you only have to drill two holes for the rear air lines. Everything else is bolt on or through preexisting firewall holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PRtb7l7xA

Users who are viewing this thread