Airaid air filters.....

Myfast70

Established Member
Anyone here use them or thinking about it? I was wanting to buy a premium non oiled type from them to replace the factory one (it's blue and will match the DIB paint better, lol)

Here's the link

Myfast70

Established Member
On my list as well, still waiting on VIN/build/ship, 55 days in the queue.

Me too. Just gathering parts to install when/if it finally shows. I ordered the front rock guards and air filter. Hood struts and shifter are next I think. I'm also kicking around the idea of ordering a set of drag radials too but really haven't looked into that one yet. I want to get the Revan racing 13-6 kit but not sure I want to jack with the factory tune just yet. I would be pretty sweet to add almost another 100rwhp though.

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
You might want to reconsider the non oiled versus a traditional oiled based air filter based on flow rates, if you are looking for the best possible advantage:

The Synthaflow and Synthamax Lifetime Air Filters - AirAidSales.com

The filter used in that test was a traditional 12" style. I would like to see the numbers for the actual filter used for our car. I will agree though, the wet does outflow the dry type. Do you have to clean the MAF frequently when you use the oil type filter?

Chris,
Which did you use on your car?

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Me too. Just gathering parts to install when/if it finally shows. I ordered the front rock guards and air filter. Hood struts and shifter are next I think. I'm also kicking around the idea of ordering a set of drag radials too but really haven't looked into that one yet. I want to get the Revan racing 13-6 kit but not sure I want to jack with the factory tune just yet. I would be pretty sweet to add almost another 100rwhp though.

What are the rock guards you speak of? Sounds like a good investment for open track.... :rolling:

Zeroescence

Established Member
I have the AirAid dry blue filter and it's excellent. It flows better than the stock filter and it doesn't turn grayish blue over time like the oiled one. Looks great too. Almost matches the blue valve covers spot on.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Oiled flows better but turns grey very fast, get the non oiled filter. It retains original color and out performs the stock filter.

Myfast70

Established Member
I have the AirAid dry blue filter and it's excellent. It flows better than the stock filter and it doesn't turn grayish blue over time like the oiled one. Looks great too. Almost matches the blue valve covers spot on.

That was my thoughts. Thanks for confirming

Airaid Filters

Established Member
You might want to reconsider the non oiled versus a traditional oiled based air filter based on flow rates, if you are looking for the best possible advantage:

The Synthaflow and Synthamax Lifetime Air Filters - AirAidSales.com

Hello Dabomb,

Those are generic CFM numbers and do not represent the GT500 filter.

The filter used in that test was a traditional 12" style. I would like to see the numbers for the actual filter used for our car. I will agree though, the wet does outflow the dry type. Do you have to clean the MAF frequently when you use the oil type filter?

Chris,
Which did you use on your car?

Hello Myfast70,

you do not have to clean the MAF as long as the Re-Oiling process is done properly, however if you are looking for the "Blue" filter, I would recommend using the NON-Oiled Version as it will stay that true rich Blue Color.

Thanks,
David

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I did not really notice any improvement, I think the airaid dry air filter flow is close, if not identical, with the factory one, but the filtering media is way better then the paper crap of the stock filter and you can't beat the looks of the blue filter. I think the wet filter has a better flow, check the specs, but it will loose the blue pigment after a while, or some read.

62d95700-28d0-71da.jpg

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Like the Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace! :thumbsup: That would be on the MUST HAVE List!

USV8PWR

Established Member
Hello Dabomb,

Those are generic CFM numbers and do not represent the GT500 filter.

Hello Myfast70,

you do not have to clean the MAF as long as the Re-Oiling process is done properly, however if you are looking for the "Blue" filter, I would recommend using the NON-Oiled Version as it will stay that true rich Blue Color.

Thanks,
David

David,

What is the part number of the blue, NON-oiled, version for our 2013 Shelby's? Actually, could you just list the part numbers for both the oiled and Non-oiled filters??

Thanks!

Mark

Myfast70

Established Member
David,

What is the part number of the blue, NON-oiled, version for our 2013 Shelby's? Actually, could you just list the part numbers for both the oiled and Non-oiled filters??

Thanks!

Mark

863-399. Just ordered it thru Summit for $59.95 to the door with no tax or shipping!!

Users who are viewing this thread