Airbag light question

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I swapped out the factory seats in my 2013 GT500 with 2011 Boss 302 Recaro seats. The airbag light is now on. Has anyone figured out how to get this airbag light off without changing over the airbags? I sold my factory seats to a buddy of mine. Thanks!

Imatk

Established Member
You need to swap the modules on the bottom of the seats out. If your buddy still has the seats (and doesn't need the modules) you can do that.

Other than that... not sure how to fix it, you might be able to purchase the modules separately but I don't know.

BTW on the 2007-09 the only module was on the passenger seat for the passenger airbag... not sure if it's different on the newer models.

Totalpkg

Established Member
Cleveland,OH, USA or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/2014-5-0-recaros.1110145/

The airbags are fine, the seat position sensor is fine... Its the occupant classification sensor (OCS) in the passenger seat.

Posted by LEXiiON said:

Now here comes the fun part and new findings. I installed the new RCM and, well I now got the Airbag light back on... IDS tells me: U3000:4A-8B - Incorrect Component installed... I PMI the RCM and no change. I put my old module back in and got the wrench light again (RCM can't talk to FPDM's - of course - that the reason for the new module). Now how do I get the new module to work in my car? And why does it say Incorrect Component? If an AR33 works with a DR33 PCM, why can't a BR33 work with a DR33 PCM??

Here is the answer.....(took me a phone call to find out): This code U3000:4A-8B means incorrect year from either ABS or OCSM (- well I can eliminate ABS, as the DR33 ABS works fine with an AR33 RCM...) so it must be the OCSM. There we go. OCSM is the Occupant Classification Sensor Module (part of the bladder). That explains a lot. So basically the OCSM year designator (A=2010, B=2011, C=2012, D=2013 etc) must match the RCM year designator. Ergo a AR33 RCM must have a AR33 OCSM, etc... Basically I need a 2011 bladder (the OCSM is part of it, and you can't buy just the OCSM)..

Now i am pretty sure THAT is the reason, why everyone who buys the MC Recaros must swap the bladder on older cars ! I will search car-parts etc for a 2011 seat and once I have it, I can swap the bladder and RCM and get rid of the wrench... I put my old RCM back in, as a wrench light is better than an Airbag light.

LEXiiON

Last edited:

sweetlou1182

Established Member
This works on my 09 with aftermarket seats, and you'll need 1 for each seat. Way overpriced though. I got them directly from Ford, $18 for both.
Part# XF2Z 14B022 AA

great info thanks! I’ve had the air bag light on for 3 years but think it’s time to pick these up.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
For you guys that have the sensors installed it doesn’t mess with the airbags at all right like disable them?

mdoan

Established Member
If you can't get the module from your 2013 seat back, the best way to replace it is to eBay an old passenger seat from a base model 2013 mustang and rip out the bladder/module. The cheapest route is one from a wrecked car with the seat airbag blown as it permanently tears the seat cover; many are sold in this condition.

NOTE: IF YOUR CAR IS A HARD-TOP, MAKE SURE THE DONOR SEAT IS FROM A HARD-TOP. For some unimaginable reason, the modules are different between coupes and convertibles. Learned that one the hard way.

Mapster429

Established Member
I read your thread and a bunch of others but I got a seat swap problem/ question.

I have a 13 GT - when I swapped in Recaros from a 14 GT I got the airbag light. When I bolt in my stock passenger seat back in the light goes off. Thing is I don’t want to dismantle my stock seats to get the OCS to install in the Recaro's as I want the option to easily switch back and forth with my stock seats for track season.

Some here say ya just need to install any OCS from the same year car and the dash light will go off so I tracked down a 13 salvage yard car (DR33) and bolted it in my 13 but the airbag light stayed on.

So I'm confused - are OCS sensors year specific or are they linked to the Restraint Control Module via serial number or something like that? If they are year specific why am I getting the airbag light when swapping in another 13 (DR33) seat? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread