AKO, CAC READERS, PKI and the Mac

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Mar 08 - June 08 and Dec 09-Mar 10. We did 4 month rotations. The helo unit I was with was there since 05, before that they were in Baghdad.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Army or AF ?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

mjohns930

Established Member
There are ways to get the readers to work with a Mac but by for the easiest is to use a virtual machine with a windows client on it or Bootcamp on your Mac. I use a Mac at home and I have it set up to be able to use a CAC in OSX but I still start up a Windows VM every time I need it. With OSX every time Apple does an OS update you don't know if your reader is going to work or not. With windows updates very rarely affect an ID reader.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are ways to get the readers to work with a Mac but by for the easiest is to use a virtual machine with a windows client on it or Bootcamp on your Mac. I use a Mac at home and I have it set up to be able to use a CAC in OSX but I still start up a Windows VM every time I need it. With OSX every time Apple does an OS update you don't know if your reader is going to work or not. With windows updates very rarely affect an ID reader.

good to know. thanks. that is most likely the tact I will take. I already have fusion 5 running Windows 7 set up

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Who were you working with? We were there the same time too.

hahahaha we may have run across each other and not realized it LOL! I was with ITT we worked out of the coscom HQS building. I ran the help desk for most of the two years I was there.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
hahahaha we may have run across each other and not realized it LOL! I was with ITT we worked out of the coscom HQS building. I ran the help desk for most of the two years I was there.

Ahhh, got it. I worked the JOC and then the Super JOC on the SOF side. We needed some good IT guys over there. Actually the IT guys formed a cigar club at the CJSOTF, I would take a break from kill TV to sit and BS with them.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ahhh, got it. I worked the JOC and then the Super JOC on the SOF side. We needed some good IT guys over there. Actually the IT guys formed a cigar club at the CJSOTF, I would take a break from kill TV to sit and BS with them.

well shit had I known you were over there I would have come visiting LOL

TrevorR90

Banned
I deployed to Afghanistan a couple years ago, black trunks were able to be shipped in and out, I had several. I'm not sure about size restriction though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I deployed to Afghanistan a couple years ago, black trunks were able to be shipped in and out, I had several. I'm not sure about size restriction though.
thanks. it is apparently still the 108 inches or whatever it was and 70lbs or less.

I shipped out 1 trunk, 2 pelican cases, and 3 or 4 of those api/fpo flat rate boxes on the 29th, hoping they would be there when I got there. they all made it in like 8 days and are waiting in my room. All I have to do now is catch a damn bird before it gets cancelled LOL

Users who are viewing this thread