Alec Baldwin...what a father!

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Heard some of that on the radio on the way to work.... Don't wanna listen to it again.

Makes me want to puke. She's 11 for Christ's sake! And he said that kind of crap to her.
The PC version: I would like to spend some quality time sharing with him how inappropriate I thought that message was.....

Translated: He needs to be happy he's not within arms reach.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
maybe he went a little over board, but i can empathize and sort of see where he's coming from.

His x wife is a bitch and has custody of the kids. He trys to arrange a schedule so he can talk to his daughter over the phone when he's away on business. She doesn't give a shit about it and ignore his calls and whatnot because she doesn't care and cares more about shopping and her friends because thats the image she see with her mother.

I don't know if i'd call my kid an idiot, but if my kid was making an obvious effort to everything else before me, i'd be pretty pissed off.

jasil

Established Member
I used to like him too!!! What a tool, I have a 14yr old and have never talked to her in that way. It was a 2 min. monologue...."Wait until i get there I'll make sure you understand!"

No excuse what a selfish dad! What teenager would want to hang out with a dad like that?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
logan_yomtov said:
His x wife is a bitch and has custody of the kids. He trys to arrange a schedule so he can talk to his daughter over the phone when he's away on business. She doesn't give a shit about it and ignore his calls and whatnot because she doesn't care and cares more about shopping and her friends because thats the image she see with her mother.

Mom's fault again? Christ, it always seems to be mom's fault and never dad's fault.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
from the sounds of it, his kid is a royal PITA princess. which doesnt at all suprise me. it sounds like he's gone through this one too many times and finally lost it. seeing how i had a wife who could be like that at times, i completely understand the frustration. but that in no way excuses talking down to your kid and calling her names. having a couple of Hollywierd assholes for parents, im sure this kid is no saint. :kaboom:

well, todays the day he comes in to town, we'll see what happens :pop:

logan_yomtov

Established Member
solaryellow, beleive it or not, its the wife who typically is spiteful during a divorce. Women like to bust balls and thats the way it is. if you don't beleive that, you'll learn the hard way.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
logan_yomtov said:
solaryellow, beleive it or not, its the wife who typically is spiteful during a divorce. Women like to bust balls and thats the way it is. if you don't beleive that, you'll learn the hard way.

Yep. A friend of a friend got a divorce, so his wife took paint thinner and dumped it on his '72 Corvette. Women are psycho.

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
im 17, and i...dont see a problem? He didn't say anything out of line minus calling her a pig. If she's a royal princess pain in the ass, she needs to be brought down. She's 11, she doesn't need a phone. +1 for the dad.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
This is why this country is so f...ed up. YOU PEOPLE! thats why. Let him be a father and stay out of his bussiness. Damn the media too. Well gee, u ever wonder why there are so many problems with kids? school shootings and what have you. You cant discipline your kid anymore without coming under the spotlight or getting arrested. My mom used to leave handprints on my face and actually used real soap in my mouth. My dad would beat the crap out of me with a belt if i did wrong. I deserved it and learned from my mistakes. This was in the late 70's and early 80's. A time when there wasnt so many problems because it was the right thing to do (discipline). Now you get in trouble. I cant wait to see what this country will be like in 30 more years

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
ShortThrow50 said:
This is why this country is so f...ed up. YOU PEOPLE! thats why. Let him be a father and stay out of his bussiness. Damn the media too. Well gee, u ever wonder why there are so many problems with kids? school shootings and what have you. You cant discipline your kid anymore without coming under the spotlight or getting arrested. My mom used to leave handprints on my face and actually used real soap in my mouth. My dad would beat the crap out of me with a belt if i did wrong. I deserved it and learned from my mistakes. This was in the late 70's and early 80's. A time when there wasnt so many problems because it was the right thing to do (discipline). Now you get in trouble. I cant wait to see what this country will be like in 30 more years

Spot on.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:

Well sparky, I have 3 kids (16, 11 and 9) they do what they are told when they are told. They behave in public, say yes sir and no sir, respect adults and do well in school. And I managed all of that without ever striking one of them, or verbally/emotionally abusing them. (Not that I think a spanking is inherently wrong, I just managed to avoid it) Consistent, loving discipline and consequences were/are sufficient.

I believe a big part of what's wrong with this country today is the lack of discipline in the home, the lack of parents participating in their kids lives and upbringing. However what that a$$hole said went so far beyond the lines of human decency (in particular with a child) that it should offend any person with a concience. It was degrading and abusive. Period.

I don't care what she has done in the past, or what he thinks she has done at the moment. Part of the responsibility of being a parent is being the adult, self restraint and NOT acting out of anger and passing it off as "Discipline". As much as it sickens me that the government in the form of 'childrens services', schools and morality laws have invaded our homes it is even worse that obvious crap like this gets excused as a 'parental right'.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Yellow2003 said:
Well sparky, I have 3 kids (16, 11 and 9) they do what they are told when they are told. They behave in public, say yes sir and no sir, respect adults and do well in school. And I managed all of that without ever striking one of them, or verbally/emotionally abusing them. (Not that I think a spanking is inherently wrong, I just managed to avoid it) Consistent, loving discipline and consequences were/are sufficient.

I believe a big part of what's wrong with this country today is the lack of discipline in the home, the lack of parents participating in their kids lives and upbringing. However what that a$$hole said went so far beyond the lines of human decency (in particular with a child) that it should offend any person with a concience. It was degrading and abusive. Period.

I don't care what she has done in the past, or what he thinks she has done at the moment. Part of the responsibility of being a parent is being the adult, self restraint and NOT acting out of anger and passing it off as "Discipline". As much as it sickens me that the government in the form of 'childrens services', schools and morality laws have invaded our homes it is even worse that obvious crap like this gets excused as a 'parental right'.

well put yellow.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Alec Baldwin is a douche, no doubt. However, I have to agree in that we have no business hearing, and judging a conversation between him and his daughter--furthered by the fact we have no idea what their lives have been like. Sure he cursed, ripped Kim Bassinger, and stated he was going to "straighten her (daughter's) ass out" but that's nothing worse than I'm sure many of us heard growing up. I don't see what the BFD is. Tabloid BS makes me sick. People that read or watch them, need to get a ****ing life. Everyone has skeletons, and I'm sure quite a few are much worse than this shit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread