Alien: Covenant Trailer

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Fingers crossed. The trailer shows real promise...

oldmachguy

Established Member
I saw the original in May of '79 at an advance screening in Houston, like a week or two before it was released. (My mom knew the manager, and I was a sci fi geek.) No internet. No trailers or ads yet. Just "Alien" in plastic letters on the sign outside the Alabama Theater. There were only a couple of other people in the theater. Completely scared the crap out of me. Been a Ridley Scott fan ever since.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Now this is mire like it. They need to put out more movies like this instead of that superhero crap that floods the market these days.

I just hope we get more information about the Engineers in this film.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Does anyone know if they're going to make another one of these? or does this lead straight into "Alien"?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think I'll go to the theater to see this one, but I'll definitely watch it when it comes to HBO/Showtime/Starz. I loved the first one but haven't been hooked to the sequels.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt they will go more into the "Engineers" as we know they created humanity and was wiped out by the "Aliens".

I wonder if this is a Prequel post Prometheus or a whole different line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
In
I wonder if this is a Prequel post Prometheus or a whole different line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I also want to know. The first one was an awesome movie for being made in 79' (I was born in 91' lol) Probably my favorite of my dad's old movies growing up. I'll be seeing this one in theaters.

Gravik

Established Member
578297470091985.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldmachguy

Established Member
. . . I wonder if this is a Prequel post Prometheus or a whole different line.

This and one more (maybe two) will take the story straight to the original Alien movie - showing how that derelict space ship, and it's deadly cargo, got to LV 426.

CV355

_
Established Member
Looks decent, but more typical re-hash.

I guess if a plot-bomb like Prometheus can make $400M box office, I can't fault the tactic.

spectreman

Established Member
The original Alien movies were, IMHO, some of the most terrifying movies I've ever seen. And those were with 20th century tech, not the CGI that's available today.

No thanks, I'm not going to see this one. I want to sleep at night.
Lee

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Even though Prometheus had a lot of promise that it didn't deliver upon, I still enjoyed it. This movie looks to be exactly the same way. Concerning the Engineers, there will have to be a whole lot of backtracking to get to their story. I highly doubt they'll be mentioned at all in this movie's time in history. If anything, they might stumble across a symbol or old piece of tech that might hark back to the Engineers. There's a whole lot of storytelling to do for them, and Ridley Scott isn't getting any younger.

CV355

_
Established Member
That's what I'm afraid of. It's amazing how well the 1979 movie still holds up.

Absolutely. I'm sure it will be a good movie with entertainment value, but I'm not seeing much for new cult classics.

Users who are viewing this thread