All Considering to use PONCHO!!! from ebay

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
WHats goin on guys?

I figured i would let ya all know to stay the hell away from a ebay user PONCHO!!!.

He deals with Carbon fiber products.

I dont want this to happen to any of you.

Back in september i had a bad day. hood flew up/ cracked the windshield/blew 2 tires/ blew a motor.

I figured what the hell lets go carbon fiber cowl hood....:rolling:

well i decided that i would buy one from this guy that seemed legit on ebay. (boy was i wrong)....:cuss:

i bought it from him on ebay and sent him a money order. His whole deal is it takes 14 days to make so he was "ok" at first. i asked 10 question and maybe get 2 answers back. so i sent him the money order. It took forever to get the hood. i didnt get the hood till almost 1 1/2 later. it came(ups when i told him to freight ship it) and look at that--- it was cracked and falling apart. well i emailed him and he said to send it back to him as i did. i said can i get a new one soon? he said he had one already made. well he slowly stopped answer and then blocked me from bidding on his items. went through ebay they said it was too long..went to ups said they can only talk to the shipper. they also send they sent him everything he needs to get his money back.

OF course its across state boarders so it a long process of bull shit. Ic3 reports have been filed. and now its off to the local police and trying it that way.

PLease guys...dont get caught in what i did...just a warning :nonono:

:beer:

bill shipley

P.s to anyone that can help. If you live in san ysidro?( spelling?) CA. if you would be so kind as to help a fellow svt member..pm me.:rockon:

thank you

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so you sent someone on ebay a money order that you couldn't track, couldn't stop payment on? pretty careless. after all the ebay complaints and warnings floating around everywhere I am amazed that people still use money orders and western union for ebay shit.

Unfortunately it is an expensive lesson for you.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
nah i got my product but he didnt follow through with the new one. so even if i did use paypal...it would have been over the time limit.

and he wont make it... till you pay.

but u SR. are correct in a way...

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
whats with everyone paying with money orders? every time I read about someone getting ripped off its a money order...

If you don't want to get ripped off... pay through pay pal with a credit card... that way if sellers trys to rip you off you have paypal and if paypal tries to screw you, you have your credit card company do a charge back.

Works every time.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Sorry about you getting ripped off. ALWAYS USE A credit card if you have any negative feelings. Do it even if you don't. You have to protect yourself because most of the time no one else will. Also I agree with the money orders and Western Union. I just went to a security training school and that was one thing the teacher brought up. Tell your customers and friends don't use them unless they know personally the person receiving the money. If not they are just giving their money away. Good luck to you.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
san ysidro? that's right ON the border with Tijuana. guy probably lives in TJ and is making crappy quality products.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
i will give him one thing the hood looked amazing but i didnt try and fit it ..so i really dont know....but guys pls dont use this guy..he a damn joke.

even if i used paypal..i would have been screwed cause of the time it took for him to send the first one...and a chargeback could have worked maybe

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
i will give him one thing the hood looked amazing but i didnt try and fit it ..so i really dont know....but guys pls dont use this guy..he a damn joke.

even if i used paypal..i would have been screwed cause of the time it took for him to send the first one...and a chargeback could have worked maybe

Your credit card company doesn't play by pay pal's rules... and they will do a charge back which in turn will make pay pal the one getting screwed... they don't like getting screwed... so they will research it futher.

oilwell1415

Established Member
I've used money orders countless times on ebay with no problems. The closest I've come was some dumbass that I told I was mailing her a MO, then she didn't check her mail for 3 weeks (who does that?) and filed a non-paying bidder on me. I don't have Paypal, so I really have no other option unless they are a business and can do a credit card over the phone or will take a check.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
one of the guys on here had a similar situation, he bought a hood and after the money was sent via paypal the guys said his account was stolen and that he has to report it to paypal to get money back and that was it./ turns out buddy looked at comments from ratings and wasn;t the 1st time seller claimed his paypal was stolen. also was a carbon fiber product. hood too btw...coincidence?

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
i am thinking of taking a trip out there..seems to be the only way...cause court said i need a d.l or social security number to idenify him...i dont know how to get either one..so driving seems the only way...

PC PaiN

Established Member
i am thinking of taking a trip out there..seems to be the only way...cause court said i need a d.l or social security number to idenify him...i dont know how to get either one..so driving seems the only way...

you're gonna spend more than probably what you spent on the hood

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
can you post up any of his product or a link to his products

basiclly look up anything carbon fiber and he will "have it" but it takes him like 2months to make it and by that time you cant file a chrageback with paypal......

Poncho!!! = scumbag :nonono:

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
hes the one who did all the window cowls for the buy on here(svtp.com) and they took forever and some people didnt like the fitment. From what i hear

Users who are viewing this thread