All inclusive resorts

Branhammer

Established Member
Might have something to do with this. It is more dangerous than Iran. I'm guessing he does not want to go Syria either.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
I've been hearing for at least 10 years how bad and scary Mexico is and in 5 trips to the Mayan Riviera, I've had zero incidents. I've had my head cut off zero times. That resort has people at the Cancun airport ready to pick you up and take you straight to the resort. There is a lot of violence in that country but not much in the Cancun/Riviera/Cozumel area. Most of that shit is happening far away in places like Juarez near the border of Texas. There's a lot of violence in certain US cities too but I wouldn't tell people not to come anywhere in the US because "Detroit is a war zone."
Cray as in bad? I was down there in March and it was fine.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It is fine. I was just there in February and had an amazing, relaxing time.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I'll keep it simple and say I just don't want to go to Mexico. Aruba and the DR, will have to look closer st those. Any particular resort you recommend?

I know some nice places, but it sounds like it's just you and the wife, my only real recommendation is stay at an adults only resort. Thank me later...

Kel

Established Member
I'll keep it simple and say I just don't want to go to Mexico. Aruba and the DR, will have to look closer st those. Any particular resort you recommend?

Do you have kids? Just got back from Punta Cana, they've got resorts with water slides/parks on the property - Memory Resorts and all the usual "all inclusive" options. Stayed at another one in PC a couple years ago with an inclusive water park also. Enjoy!

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We go to Cabo every year, probably the safest place in Mexico since it's so many Americans live there.

jconnor3

Established Member
We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon last year and stayed at an all inclusive Sandals resort. Price is in your range. I think we did 6 nights. We had a blast and the island was great. Everyone spoke English, most people were friendly. We never felt uneasy about where we were. Beautiful place.

colin450

Established Member
My fiance and I have gone to Aruba the past two years but haven't done all-inclusive.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
sandals whitehouse in jamaica FTW, 5 nights there only cost us about $3k. The only complaint was not staying longer..

Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia is highly rated but i have never personally been there. It was slightly over our honey moon budget..

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
sandals whitehouse in jamaica FTW, 5 nights there only cost us about $3k. The only complaint was not staying longer..

Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia is highly rated but i have never personally been there. It was slightly over our honey moon budget..
My friend recommended whitehouse. When did you go?

lastcall190

Established Member
Had destination wedding in St Lucia at a Sandals. It was adults only. Was very nice and fun, despite the razor wire right outside my sister and brother-in-law's room. All inclusive was amazing and would happily go to one again in the future. I don't know how the area is anymore, as this was about 4 years ago.

-J

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
My friend recommended whitehouse. When did you go?

april of 2013. The stay was only about $2,000 for an ocean view room but we also added in some extras/excursion stuff, like the black river safari, YS falls, appleton rum estate and a catamaran dinner cruise. Other than that everything on the property is included.

We should have done at least 7 nights, as 5 went by in a heart beat.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Had destination wedding in St Lucia at a Sandals. It was adults only. Was very nice and fun, despite the razor wire right outside my sister and brother-in-law's room. All inclusive was amazing and would happily go to one again in the future. I don't know how the area is anymore, as this was about 4 years ago.

-J

i wanted to do St lucia for our honeymoon but the flights were insane, they were in the $900-$1,000 range so thats why we ended up in jamaica as a compromise. For $1,000 i could fly to hawaii from ATL.

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
im amusing 5-7k for two? I went to the DR Punta Cana the last couple years. All inclusive for a week. 5k for 2 of us. i stayed at the Melia level and palma real. you pay a little more for the adults only section. beautiful places. awesome pools. Bring cash. i would visit again. I booked it through costco. includes airfare and transport to hotel.

nxhappy

Established Member
st thomas, st martin

stay away from all inclusive, the food is usually shitty

lastcall190

Established Member
st thomas, st martin

stay away from all inclusive, the food is usually shitty

The food at the all inclusive we stayed at was... not terrible, though I am not a super high expectation person when it comes to food. Though it was all you could eat so that made up for it. And free booze in unlimited quantities helped as well.

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
We stayed at beaches turks and caicos 2 years ago. Not bad. I had a better time at negril jamaica at couples resort. No kids probably is why lol

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
We did our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse 5 years ago. Stayed a week, could have stayed forever. The ride from the airport sucks, basically just 2-3 hours through BFE Jamaica, but that was the only "downside." The resort is huge and never felt crowded. Tons of places to eat and several swim up bars that are staffed by heavy handed bartenders.

Users who are viewing this thread