All kinds of issues! Help

FordGT08

Established Member
The easiest way to describe the first problem I'm having with the Shelby is when I down shift to slow down every once in awhile I'll hear a loud clunk noise coming from the front end.

My second issue was last night. I had taken her out for a drive after 2 weeks in the garage. I took the lady for a couple of drinks at La gloria and everything was peachy. Now, we headed home and on the way while I was driving this happened:

-my abs light went on
-my whole radio, ac control lights, and center counsel went out while driving.
-airbag light went on
-then my head lights would turn off and on by themselves
-lastly my entire lights (inside and outside) went out while I was driving
-the car started to run real weird as well, like it was going to die

Luckily I was able to get her home and back in garage before it died. I turned the car off immediately. Tried starting again to see if it would turn over and it just makes a very fast and loud clicking noise.

My first thought is the alternator but would like other input. Thanks guys!

railroad

Established Member
Second problem is a dead battery. It could be the result of other issues or just a bad battery. Take the battery to an auto parts store and have them charge and load check it. Napa uses a better tool where I am. If the battery is good, put it back, take the car to the same place and check the alt. Good luck,

FordGT08

Established Member
Second problem is a dead battery. It could be the result of other issues or just a bad battery. Take the battery to an auto parts store and have them charge and load check it. Napa uses a better tool where I am. If the battery is good, put it back, take the car to the same place and check the alt. Good luck,

Just replaced the battery so that's not it. Alternator looks to be the suspect.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
What amp alt would be good to buy to avoid the same issue in future.

You can only have too few amps, not too many. Therefore, I recommend a PA Alernator 200amp or a Nations Starter and Alternator 270amp.
And recheck your battery. A bad alternator can take the battery with it.

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread