All LED everythang

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
So it started with my interior... I swapped LED's in for the gauge cluster and HVAC controls, as well as a blue LED for my Autometer boost gauge so that all my gauges and radio are now blue lit. My buddy offered to swap his Innovate DB gauge with mine because his is blue and mine is red. Only thing I have to figure out is the dash clock.

Anyway, I ordered some LED headlight bulbs from Auxbeam and I'll be installing them soon. Simple plug and play, I'm hoping that if I properly align the headlights I can keep them from blinding other drivers while increasing my visibility at night over the factory halogen bulbs.

This got me thinking if I am satisfied with the results that I will do my turn signals, side markers and fog lights as well.

Is anyone currently running LED headlights with their factory housing? If so, could you share some pictures and a brief description of your results? If I like the way it turns out, I will also do all the bulbs in my tail lights.

Zemedici

Established Member
@Huachipato is our resident LED / HID Expert, he should give us his professional opinion shortly

Got any pics of the interior / dash lights? Love to see em.

jgt58

Established Member
The problem your going to run into with the dash clock is that the actual digital face is green. I know people have tried to put film over the lens but it still shows up green. Good luck on the clock.

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
You should be able to easily switch over to LED headlight bulbs. It works well on the New Edge Mustangs at least, and I would think you would have similar results with the SN-95 as well. Especially since both cars use the 9007 bulbs stock.

I think it would be pretty easy to switch the Corner Park/turn signals and brake/turn signals to LEDs as well. All you should really need to do is switch out the flasher to avoid the hyperflash.

There are 2 relays that I have tested that work well (I'm making the assumption that the SN-95 use the EP27 flasher stock). One is the IJDMToys one found here:
https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-5-Pi...=UTF8&qid=1480300538&sr=sr-1&keywords=ijdmtoy

The other is go to your Napa auto parts store and buy their EP27L (it's a little pricier - but normally in stock and available for immediate purchase).

I've switched everything to LEDs on my car (except the headlights). I have no regrets on the switch - especially knowing that my car is drawing way less current when the lights are activated now.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
@Huachipato is our resident LED / HID Expert, he should give us his professional opinion shortly

Got any pics of the interior / dash lights? Love to see em.

Cool I'll look forward to hearing from him

The problem your going to run into with the dash clock is that the actual digital face is green. I know people have tried to put film over the lens but it still shows up green. Good luck on the clock.

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

Yeah @HandsomeRob modified his clock housing to put a digital voltmeter in and I think I'll do the same. There's a thread on here with his instructions but unfortunately the pics aren't working.

You should be able to easily switch over to LED headlight bulbs. It works well on the New Edge Mustangs at least, and I would think you would have similar results with the SN-95 as well. Especially since both cars use the 9007 bulbs stock.

I think it would be pretty easy to switch the Corner Park/turn signals and brake/turn signals to LEDs as well. All you should really need to do is switch out the flasher to avoid the hyperflash.

There are 2 relays that I have tested that work well (I'm making the assumption that the SN-95 use the EP27 flasher stock). One is the IJDMToys one found here:
https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-5-Pi...=UTF8&qid=1480300538&sr=sr-1&keywords=ijdmtoy

The other is go to your Napa auto parts store and buy their EP27L (it's a little pricier - but normally in stock and available for immediate purchase).

I've switched everything to LEDs on my car (except the headlights). I have no regrets on the switch - especially knowing that my car is drawing way less current when the lights are activated now.

Thanks for the links! Yeah it should be cake really. It's funny that AM charges like $50+ for the flasher relay which is a $10 part. Gotta love capitalism.

@busta You wouldn't happen to have the bulb # for the Autometer boost gauge would you?

Yeah bud it's the socket 194. I used these in blue for my boost gauge and ordered the white ones for my cluster/HVAC gauges.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SW3P8K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't beat a 10-pack for $11 and they work great! Doesn't hurt to have some left over in case they burn out down the road.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Here's an interior pic (crappy quality I know), I'm going to meet up with my friend soon to swap my red DB gauge for his blue one.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    706.8 KB · Views: 163

Users who are viewing this thread