"All Members" Award Winners & Recap

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, the MACA set a new standard today for SVT Cobra events. The MACA had 76 Cobras participate in what has to be the biggest Cobra-only event in the nation!! Great to see a bunch of newer members attend and although the lot was a little underexposed compared to last year, it worked out pretty darn well with good shade and grassy areas.. The GTG in Silver Spring, Md lasted from 10:00 to 3:30 at which time, 37 Cobra went on a cruise to the Jimmy Cone Car Show in Mt. Airy, Maryland.

Car Show Results:
1993-2001 Cobra Class
1) Best Engine.................The Good (Jesse Tarr)
2) Best of Class...............gcassidy (Greg Cassidy)

”Terminator” Cobra Class
3) Best Engine.................RedfireBeast ("Big" Lou Ganem)
4) Best “Terminator”.........1bad04cobra (Billy & Jen Fowler)

General
5) “Long Distance” Award...01satinsilver (Tom Fasulo) Drove 234 miles....One Way!)
6) Performance Monster....Hissssnsvt (Ken Tingle)
7) "Bling-Bling" Award........03silvr10thvert (Scott Hundley...who else!)
8) Best of Show..............und3rgr0undk1ng (Steve)

Special thanks to the following for Donating the Car Show awards!!!!
Wiseguy
TRBO VNM
Jon Lund Racing
JRS BLOWN SNAKE
MYSTIC MAMA
RedfireBeast
RedneckBMXer24

Thanks to Matt (Red Devil) for providing the sound system, to Ralph Duffie, Inc for allowing us to use their parking facility, to Greg Cassidy (gcassidy) for his awesome help with organizing and administering the car show and front table, and to Kevin (Homebrew) for all his efforts in designing and producing our awesome banner

Special thanks to my wife Jan, and Sean's wife Kelley for all their efforts both behind the scenes and at the show. You guys are the best and Sean and I are lucky men!

And special, special, special thanks to the ENTIRE membership of the MACA that participated in this event!!! The outpouring of food, drinks, paper goods, etc, etc was unbelievable and we fed 175 people easily with tons left over, (I should know, because half the leftovers are on my work bench right now...... :shrug: ). And, thanks to all the members that donated their hard-earned money to the MACA.........Despite the expenses of the show and the banner, there is still $160 in the MACA "slush fund" for future considerations.

You all are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
MACA ROCKS!!!!

the hard work to the MACA ladies behind the scene( WIFES ) is priceless thank you ladies.......

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
booricua said:
MACA ROCKS!!!!

the hard work to the MACA ladies behind the scene( WIFES ) is priceless thank you ladies.......

MACA truly does rock..Thanks to Dwight and all the people that worked to make this a wonderful event!!! :beer:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Thanks everyone for putting on such a great event. Awesome time! Congrats to the winners as well!

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Had a great time today and was able to meet some new people while selling the MACA stickers. I just got home from this morning after I left the cruise I stopped at Cecil County to watch the pro-mods/10.5 cars and stayed until the finals...I am shot and its time for some rest.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
As usual, MACA can do it up right! Great seeing folks, old and new. Can't wait for the next one.

Like Dwight says-Thanks to all. Great people-Great times (is that somebody's commercial?).

Doug, sorry we didn't get more time to chat.
IronTerp said:
And special, special, special thanks to the ENTIRE membership of the MACA that participated in this event!!! The outpouring of food, drinks, paper goods, etc, etc was unbelievable and we fed 175 people easily with tons left over, (I should know, because half the leftovers are on my work bench right now...... :shrug: ).
Put the burgers in the freezer, for God's sake!

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hands down this has to be the best MACA event to date. Thanks to everyone who helped make this event such a huge success. Look forward to seeing you all at future MACA gtg's.

BTW, how about the guys from Texas who drove 1600 miles one way just to see what the MACA was all about! :rockon:

Rayzcar

Established Member
Another awesome MACA event!! Thanks to everyone organizing and participating in the GTG I had a great time. Looking forward to next year already. :banana:

2kbill

Established Member
Great work Sean, Dwight, Kelley and Jan!!! :beer:

I had a wonderful day, and so did Cathi. It was obvious that you all put in a lot of time preparing for the event, and we truly appreciate your hard work. Congratulations for making the meet a huge success!!!

Bill & Cathi

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Had a great time at the GTG. Thanks to Dwight, Jan, Sean and Kelly for all their hard work!

Congrats to all the car show winners! Awesome job :thumbsup:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
dwight, sean, and others that helped run it, thanks for having it, you guys can host a great event, ive never had so much fun at a car event in my life, and the cruise to mount airy was great aswell, im glad i went.

cory

Homebrew

Established Member
This was an awesome event. I had a great time, good food, good people, and awesome cars. Nice to put some faces with screen names. The exit and the cruise were awesome. I just feel bad that I had to leave abruptly when we got to Jimmy Cone. Sunburn just has a terrible effect on me and makes me ill. I ended up coming home and sleeping for 12 hours. :sleeping: That'll teach me me to wear more sunblock. Also, sorry to whoever(a redfire cobra I believe) I freaked out on the cruise when I was switching lanes, It didn't look you were coming up so fast at first. Maybe you weren't coming that fast, but at that last second it seemed like it.

Anyway, it was nice to meet everyone and thanks for putting on such a great event. Alot of thought and effort was obviously put in to the event, so a big thanks to everyone that worked so hard to pull it off.

-Kevin

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
2kbill said:
Great work Sean, Dwight, Kelley and Jan!!! :beer:

I had a wonderful day, and so did Cathi. It was obvious that you all put in a lot of time preparing for the event, and we truly appreciate your hard work. Congratulations for making the meet a huge success!!!

Bill & Cathi

X 1000. Just wanted to say thanks again to the four of you for organizing such a cool event. My wife and I had a blast (Dwight, did I introduce you to my wife???). It's always good to put faces to some of these screen names I see everyday. :beer:

Last edited:

TokenBlackGuy

Established Member
i had a great time as well. it's nice to put peoples faces w/ screen names. :-D

can't wait for next year's 3rd annual GTG. :rockon:

Trav

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
BEST GTG thus FAR!!!!!

Emily & Myself had a great time. She enjoyed meeting new people and driving in the Cruise. My tires are a littel worn now!!! :burnout:

Billy (Wiseguy) she was asking about the next GTG!! (Keep Me posted)
Sean, Dwight, Scott....thanks again.
Dwight...She mentioned "GO Mountaineers"
Marlon :shrug: What?

Have a Great Day!!! :thumbsup:

Darryl

Users who are viewing this thread