All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Adds 2.7L EcoBoost V6 | Full-Size Fighter???

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Have any pics of the specific rears?

279811039_10107124427327448_3957391591913904338_n.jpg

Explorer.subframe .jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
Looks like the Ext Cab option is gone. I'm surprised they don't offer more cab/bed configurations to appeal to fleet buyers.
Well that's disappointing...I use my truck for truck things. I have other vehicles to move people.

Mid-size truck with full size price tag/MPG and only 5' bed...might be better off to buy the Maverick if just looking for a small foot print, full-size if it doesn't matter.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
A local dealer has a sharp Ranger Sport for $37ish and I considered it BUT with a 2.7T coming that might be an easy decision to make.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Blah styling for sure. Already looks dated. The rest appears largely par for the course.

Heard that the new Taco will be available with a manual.

andymarkv

Established Member
Definitely curious to see what Yota does with the manual Taco. At the end, the last gen manual was only available in crew cab TRD Off Road/TRD Pro.
Usually manual 4wd trucks get a neutered powertrain so the clutch and trans can take the abuse. With GM & Ford offering 400ft-lbs in their mid-sized trucks...would be pretty sweet if Toyota offered a truck with strong torque and manual trans.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Mexican driving, black woman camping.

I keep forgetting white people don't exist in America anymore...

andymarkv

Established Member
Good thing they at least added the V6 to the Ranger lineup...because Yota really stepped up their game with the Tacoma.
270hp/310tq 2.4T available with a manual, 326hp/465tq 2.4T with hybrid and they kept the extended cab.(unfortunately the manual is crewcab only)

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
so does this 2.7 blow up as bad as it does in the f150? or did they fix the issues with it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Blah styling for sure. Already looks dated. The rest appears largely par for the course.

Compared to the new GM twins and the Taco, the Ranger styling seems pretty boring.

Definitely curious to see what Yota does with the manual Taco. At the end, the last gen manual was only available in crew cab TRD Off Road/TRD Pro.
Usually manual 4wd trucks get a neutered powertrain so the clutch and trans can take the abuse. With GM & Ford offering 400ft-lbs in their mid-sized trucks...would be pretty sweet if Toyota offered a truck with strong torque and manual trans.

Ford has a good 7-spd manual in the Bronco. Seems simple to make it an option in the Ranger considering it's on a similar platform and build in the same factory.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Compared to the new GM twins and the Taco, the Ranger styling seems pretty boring.

Ford has a good 7-spd manual in the Bronco. Seems simple to make it an option in the Ranger considering it's on a similar platform and build in the same factory.
It is VERY boring. While my model may seem generic so some, I actually think it is less boring than the update. They fudged the Ranger 6th gen badly. Even with the 2.7 and the 3.0 now available, the sheer blandness will cause people to migrate to the competition.

I agree on the 7 speed manual. I wish I had that.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I feel like Ford is just giving up on ICE and is just calling it in on those models right now. Other than the Bronco, the Mustang, and the Raptors, they just seem to be okay with "good enough". Hell, they won't even bother fixing their shitty automatic transmissions.

I hate to see the company I have been loyal to all my life go to shit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Agree 100%. That new Colorado looks tits with the box flared fenders. Great looking truck.

I do like the 2.7l option on this Ranger and the Ram-style center screen. Styling is boring IMO. A manual trans would be icing on the cake!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Didn’t the aviator get the 10r80?
That was one thing that bugged me on the ST
Only the Hybrid versions did, just like the ST's did in Europe as well.

The R60 is perfectly fine in the 600~ whp, its the tranny tunning that's garbage. There are plenty of Explorer's running 11's and one in 10's with the stock tranny. Adam from ZFG talked about the issue as to why his tunes are holding up better than the stock tranny tune even though the power difference is much higher.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Only the Hybrid versions did, just like the ST's did in Europe as well.

The R60 is perfectly fine in the 600~ whp, its the tranny tunning that's garbage. There are plenty of Explorer's running 11's and one in 10's with the stock tranny. Adam from ZFG talked about the issue as to why his tunes are holding up better than the stock tranny tune even though the power difference is much higher.
What is he doing in his tunes?

Users who are viewing this thread