All the ETHANOL eaton guys...

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
tell me about your setups and mods etc...I'll be switching to ethanol soon and I am interested to see how you guys are running. I am running 60lb injectors now with a the fore precision works top hat, twin GT pumps and twin FPDM's. I know the TS guys running ethanol are running -8 fuel line from hat to rails and 80lb injectors. will all this be needed with a ported eaton as well?? What are your before and after numbers?

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I am one of the Twin Screw guys, and I suggest getting the 80# injectors even for the Eatons. They cost about the same as the 60's but allow room for growing.

The other mods sound good.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
I am one of the Twin Screw guys, and I suggest getting the 80# injectors even for the Eatons. They cost about the same as the 60's but allow room for growing.

The other mods sound good.

that is what i suspected. I already have the 60s installed and everything else listed minus the -8 fuel line. thanks :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
that is what i suspected. I already have the 60s installed and everything else listed minus the -8 fuel line. thanks :beer:
If you already have the 60's, then they should be enough with the Eaton.

If you still had to buy them then I would have gone to the 80's, but the 60's will work. :thumbsup:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
have you come across ANY negatives to running ethanol?? I read your thread and I feel the same way...105octane 5 miles away...why wouldn't i fill up with that stuff??

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The only negative thing is that is uses more fuel and you have to fill up more often.

That's about it.

Just realized you were from FW. If you have any questions I am local. :beer:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
The only negative thing is that is uses more fuel and you have to fill up more often.

That's about it.

Just realized you were from FW. If you have any questions I am local. :beer:

yeah but that doesnt bother me a bit. hell I hardly drive 'er. I'll give you a hollar soon. thanks alot!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I talked to my tuner about E85 and he said to run 80lbers(fuel mods also) with my eaton only car.I`ll be switching over when,and if we ever get it here.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Gonna be switching here soon also. The car has just maxed out the 39's period, even bumping the rail pressure still has the car going lean a little. Going to go with bigger injectors and pumps then tune for E85 since there's a station 2 miles from my house.

GodStang

Established Member
Gonna be switching here soon also. The car has just maxed out the 39's period, even bumping the rail pressure still has the car going lean a little. Going to go with bigger injectors and pumps then tune for E85 since there's a station 2 miles from my house.

Keep me updated. Are you going to tune it yourself with the E85? I want to switch bad but out of money since I got Nikki Knocked up.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Keep me updated. Are you going to tune it yourself with the E85? I want to switch bad but out of money since I got Nikki Knocked up.

Yeah I plan on it, sure I'm going to enlist the help of some of the guys on here who've played with E85 already though.

Users who are viewing this thread