All you SVT Rifle Freaks

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Just breezing through..Just want to point a few things out.
It is NOT illegal to own a class 3 weapon..so long as it was manufactured prior May 19 1986 ...You just have to register it & pay the taxes (thats the easy part) Most eligible class 3 rifles are in the $10K range!
-An M14 can be either fully automatic or semi..The ones we use here in Iraq are semi only.(modified from fully auto?)

An AK-47 makes a great home defense rifle BTW..
7.62x39 FTW
Get 'em while you can!

I would have to disagree with the AK47 as home defense. Remember the Stockton CA shootings? It has been proven that the Jacket of the AK round is rather thick. It is more likely to over penetrate instead of fragmenting. The 5.56 has proven to be a better round no matter what the circumstances in regards to the 7.62 AK round. no matter what the bad guy will be hurting. I like that fact that at the higher velocities in Close quarters the 5.56 does more damage than 7.62x39 and 7.62x51.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Here's my set up:

1. The first weapon I'm grabbing day or night is my 870 tactical with surefire light, the first 6 rounds are 000 buck after that your eating 11 sabot slugs.

2. Remington R-15 .223. If you've managed to survive the onslaught of my 870 your gonna say hello to my little friend, 30 rounds of .223 jhps.

3. Ruger p94 .40 cal. If you have managed to dodge 17 12 gauge rounds, 30 .223 rounds I'll have 9 .40 cal JHPs waiting in the wings to finish the job. Actually there's 10, if your still coming at me by then I'm saving the last one for me. Blamm.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
Here's my set up:

1. The first weapon I'm grabbing day or night is my 870 tactical with surefire light, the first 6 rounds are 000 buck after that your eating slugs.

2. Remington R-15 .223. If you've managed to survive the onslaught of my 870 your gonna say hello to my little friend, 30 rounds of .223 jhps.

3. Ruger p94 .40 cal. If you have managed to dodge 17 12 gauge rounds, 30 .223 rounds I'll have 9 .40 cal JHPs waiting in the wings to finish the job. Actually there's 10, if your still coming at me by then I'm saving the last one for me. Blamm.

Mine is as follows

1. Grab the Barrett M99 and shoot once down the hall, should kill from just the concussion.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i have said it in other threads and i will say it again. if you are willing to spend the extra cash, then the Sig. 556 is the only way to go IMHO. its a great gun and is fun to shoot

CIMG0156.jpg

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
i have said it in other threads and i will say it again. if you are willing to spend the extra cash, then the Sig. 556 is the only way to go IMHO. its a great gun and is fun to shoot

CIMG0156.jpg

Hardly, But yes it is a nice gun. There are better AR options than the Sig556. They cost more than the sig though. The trigger on the sig leaves alot to be desired.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I realize the original post was about a rifle, but imho a shotgun is the perfect home defense implement. The Benelli M4 is so damn nice.
benellim4.jpg
An 870 is damn fine choice too.

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Hardly, But yes it is a nice gun. There are better AR options than the Sig556. They cost more than the sig though. The trigger on the sig leaves alot to be desired.

from the array of AR's i have shot, the sig is one of my favorites, other than my barrett M468.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
from the array of AR's i have shot, the sig is one of my favorites, other than my barrett M468.

Digging that 468 are you? I am thinking about a Barrett as well. I am currently building a 6.8 SBR and am almost done. I have a re-enlistment bonus coming and was thinking about spending a little on myself by purchasing a Barrett REC7. post some pics of the 468. I love looking at them.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Digging that 468 are you? I am thinking about a Barrett as well. I am currently building a 6.8 SBR and am almost done. I have a re-enlistment bonus coming and was thinking about spending a little on myself by purchasing a Barrett REC7. post some pics of the 468. I love looking at them.

yeah i really like the M468. what is the major differences between the M468 and the REC7? i havent really read anything on it.

and if all goes as planned, and i save up enough money i will be buying myself the 98Bravo from barrett!!! :)

http://www.98bravo.com/

98bravo.jpg

here are a few pics i just took.

IMG_0092.gif

IMG_0094.gif

Last edited:

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
yeah i really like the M468. what is the major differences between the M468 and the REC7? i havent really read anything on it.

and if all goes as planned, and i save up enough money i will be buying myself the 98Bravo from barrett!!! :)

here are a few pics i just took.

very nice! the Rec7 is the piston version. that is all. I would love to have a 98B as well. they are only going to appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread