Allgo goes 8.77 @ 158 mph in 03/04 cobra

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Allgo's cobra saturday at cedar falls raceway did a best of 8.77 @158. The track was crap, I expect it to run a 8.50 and as you can see on video it spun all the way down.... Btw this car is the ex JR Lewis cobra. Congrats to Allgo for working hard on this cobra to keep it going good. As you can see Iowa has the fastest cars... Yea....:rockon::beer:
Oh yea Eric Torreys blue stang did a 8.68 @ 164 no way he could turn it up or do a full length pass. Same w Chris Williams camino..

Allgo's cobra
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FltR0IPHoWo"]YouTube- All Go's 2004 Cobra H&W Race 2010 8.77@158[/nomedia]

The camino of Chris Williams
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3UjVF8ZkXw"]YouTube- Chris's 106mm Turbo Elcamino at H&W 2010 8.79@164[/nomedia]

Eric Torrey's blue stang in my fav color. Notice tire marks all the way down...
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxh5gvg8nKU"]YouTube- 2001 Mustang H&W Race 2010 8.68@164[/nomedia]

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow, lot of umphhh staying in it on that run!! Just a little close to the wall and then little shakey crossing thru the traps, (at 158 MPH!!!!). Nice job and heckuva MPH. Launch looked pretty darn good as well!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Nice! Any weight redux done? Mod list?

I don't think he has done much besides trannies and ysi s/c and intake stuff since JR had it.. Here is pic as it sits now.
HWRace2010002.jpg

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Oh yea, it has a Kurgan tune and s/c mount in it and Kurgan mentioned it made as much or lil more whp as Bart T's car also Kurgan tuned. So yes, it's a beast... Allgo owns a bunch of quiznos around here so you know he has the $ to do it right. Gotta give him cradit. We had like 1" to 2" of rain earlier in morning and washed the compound /rubber off and it was like 82 deg and 80% humidity when they started running def not optimum, I suppose could look up da but around here min is usually 1k.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
thats a HUGE blower!!! Im not a fan of centri blowers, but thats just insane.
Imo usually I'm not either but it has bart t's setup and you know that works so..:rockon: It is somewhat soft launching which is good around here compared to like a pd s/c and or nitrous which is hard to launch. Think it has a 4.5 to 5k stall.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Congrats Joe!!!! that thing looks sick, puts my little 600hp KB cobra to shame

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'm sure he will chime in on his performance. Like I said it was horrible track/weather this weekend. This thing will go 8.5's in fall maybe sooner w some luck.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Wow, lot of umphhh staying in it on that run!! Just a little close to the wall and then little shakey crossing thru the traps, (at 158 MPH!!!!). Nice job and heckuva MPH. Launch looked pretty darn good as well!

I got to say that would scare me bad, once I hit antifreeze at cordova going into 3rd gear and about sh-t. I pmed allgo on our local site, he said thanks and will maybe get on later. Say's it's a pile...Well looks to me about 900+ whp pile scary. As you see plated car so idk how that fits into the list or not idk your call. It does not have a/c other than that racing seats, the cage and parachute for safety and the c4. Not a stripped out pos looks very stockish imo. Maybe get inside car pics this weekend as he may be again at cfr. As I said its pretty heavy, you know that already though.:beer: Oh yea Dwight, Allgo won the H&W race event also, so he got some cash. Ford wins 2 yrs in a row, yea. Scotty K on here won last yr.

Last edited:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I cant wait to get my Centri project done..........who am I kidding It hasn't even started yet!:D

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I cant wait to get my Centri project done..........who am I kidding It hasn't even started yet!:D
I would def talk to Kurgan as he set up this car and bart t's and tuned it. We have a couple of guys here btw that fabbed a custom intake tubing on this car. Suppose to get a tenth or 2, we will see. For a 4.6 based s/c mtr it is good, in turbo land.

I know Scotty k (in town guy also) has a fox w like a 408 built nitrous mtr but it is going to fly soon. Check out his time on here, in overall timeslips. I think posted a 8.71 at 150 something. He just put another stage on it, direct port. So +500hp of nitrous now, prob was 350 last yr.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I would def talk to Kurgan as he set up this car and bart t's and tuned it. We have a couple of guys here btw that fabbed a custom intake tubing on this car. Suppose to get a tenth or 2, we will see. For a 4.6 based s/c mtr it is good, in turbo land.

I know Scotty k (in town guy also) has a fox w like a 408 built nitrous mtr but it is going to fly soon. Check out his time on here, in overall timeslips. I think posted a 8.71 at 150 something. He just put another stage on it, direct port. So +500hp of nitrous now, prob was 350 last yr.

im trying to save to buy bart t's ford gt heads

allgo

Established Member
Thanks rob for posting.. the car went almost 160 the pass before,track was slippery lost a couple tenths buy not being able to leave at 5000rpms,I almost never lift... I know its not that smart but I always feel good about it in the car and since this was the first round I was not going to lift for nothing..lol

allgo

Established Member

The hole blower set-up is for sale with the ysi, I am going gear drive set-up. All brackets and all the custom ones go with it pm me if interested..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
DAMM that Vortech piping is BEASTLY, it looks like about 5" ? So who says Centri's can't put down Great ET's and huge MPH? WOW!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread