Allocation for '14 gt500 @ $1500 over dealer cost

topless10th

Established Member
My longtime friend/salesman just called me and told me his ford rep just called and told him that they could build a '14 anyway they wanted it, if ordered this week. Brooke Doll is the salesman's name at Earl Floyd Ford in Carrollton Ky. He will sell this car however you want it for $1500 over dealer cost. Just wanted to pass this along.

topless10th

Established Member
Clarification, car will be ordered by the end of business today. To get it your way, you'll need to get in touch with Brook today. I believe the car will be ordered in black/black with all options except shaker pro.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Dealer cost? Or above invoice?

Two very different things- and can confuse some people

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure he meant invoice.

But tell them NOT to order a black/black one if no one orders. There are a TON of those already out there. I would order something interesting; maybe a race red/blue one...or a sterling gray/red.

reason4treason

Established Member
he's saying over INVOICE, and he doesn't know if he can do a courtesy shipment on this car, but he's looking into it.

I don't mean to be an arse, and I apologize if it sounds like it, but you're absolutely sure about this guy's competence? Courtesy shipment is not something special, is it? not uncommon, but that shouldn't be a struggle, should it?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
he's saying over INVOICE, and he doesn't know if he can do a courtesy shipment on this car, but he's looking into it.

I don't mean to be an arse, and I apologize if it sounds like it, but you're absolutely sure about this guy's competence? Courtesy shipment is not something special, is it? not uncommon, but that shouldn't be a struggle, should it?

It's pretty easy to do- as long as its done at order. And there's a dealer on the other end willing to prep the car etc. they'll (delivery dealer)normally charge the buyer $300-500 to do it

reason4treason

Established Member
It's pretty easy to do- as long as its done at order. And there's a dealer on the other end willing to prep the car etc. they'll (delivery dealer)normally charge the buyer $300-500 to do it

he just returned my phone call and says he can't. I think he's probably worried about if somebody backs out of the deal, then it's a pain in the ass along with possibly costing him money.

it absolutely must be done at the same time it's ordered? they usually take so long to build a car and you can still change options which seems like a much bigger demand on Ford than just changing a shipping address.

damn!

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
he just returned my phone call and says he can't. I think he's probably worried about if somebody backs out of the deal, then it's a pain in the ass along with possibly costing him money.

it absolutely must be done at the same time it's ordered? they usually take so long to build a car and you can still change options which seems like a much bigger demand on Ford than just changing a shipping address.

damn!

Courtesy Delivery MUST be done when the order is placed. No exceptions. This is the same with Ford and GM. But I don't understand why he says he can't do it, it is a very common procedure.

reason4treason

Established Member
Courtesy Delivery MUST be done when the order is placed. No exceptions. This is the same with Ford and GM. But I don't understand why he says he can't do it, it is a very common procedure.

he says he's never done it before. he just sounds like he's uncertain and wants to err on the side of caution. I PM'd topless10th to see if he can reassure him, but I'm sure he's got other things to do than check his email all day...so we will see what we will see.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Seems like a little money might make him feel better

damn!

Why not give him 2 grand as a deposit which would easily cover the cost of having the car shipped back to his dealership if you backed out. No sweat for you if you aren't going to back out.

reason4treason

Established Member
in the phone calls, he didn't even bring up deposit. he gave me his @gmail and I asked him that in an email I sent him. I thought the same thing.

now nobody's answering the dealership's main line or the number he called me on. good price, but i'm not going to beg. i'm about 2400 miles away; too far to drive.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
I think those guys might have actually closed for the day over there 'cause nobody's picking up and not even any way to leave a message...phone just keeps ringing. jeez.

yeh, they close at 6 pm. wow.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member

okay. so although they're closed for the day, I got additional info from OP and the issue may be unfamiliarity with entering the necessary info for doing a courtesy drop.

will one of you knowledgeable guys please walk me through the ordering process to include arranging a courtesy drop via PM or in this thread? exactly how/what needs to be done?

Users who are viewing this thread