altenator died

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
alternator died

I was driving on the freeway and tried to change lanes and the car would hardly pick up any speed, then there I was just coasting on 680 and trying to get over and get off the road, I coasted down the off ramp and it spuddered for a minute and died. Went and got a new/cheap battery to get it home. Where can I get a good aftermarket alternator upgraded like 170A.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
I was driving on the freeway and tried to change lanes and the car would hardly pick up any speed, then there I was just coasting on 680 and trying to get over and get off the road, I coasted down the off ramp and it spuddered for a minute and died. Went and got a new/cheap battery to get it home. Where can I get a good aftermarket alternator upgraded like 170A.

that one guy Start n Charge, or somethin like that, has started rebuilding them. He's pretty new and looks like his work is top notch, but there's not enough data out there yet to confirm.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Have it rebuilt. Its cheaper and they can do it in just hrs. They are no diff than any other Ford alt on the inside.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do not recommend a rebuild. A few might have success with a rebuild, but we've seen so many reports here of rebuilds that failed too soon. It has always been recommended to buy a brand new Ford alternator (along with the appropriate size alternator pulley if you're using a larger lower crank pulley).

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
Start 'n' Charge FTW!

The altertator is not a re-build. Everything inside it is brand new and made from the best parts possible. The alternator is probably the best on the market. It also puts out 160 amps and has solved some peoples low rpm charging issues.

Users who are viewing this thread