alternative ways to wire my raptor shift light

DoubleClutch

Established Member
greetings svtp community,
i come to you yet again seeking answers.
ive already tried the search function, so dont give me any of that s***.
im looking for alternative ways to wire my raptor shift light. its mounted in the center ac ducts behind the vents on my 2014 gt. im a competent mechanic, but wiring, especially to the ecu, scares the piss out of me.
signal is hooked up to a coil wire, simple enough.
so i need a "switched" wtf that means, 12v power source, and a grounded source for the other two wires. are there any wires or places i can splice to, preferably in the dash, that will work?
probably a simple answer to this but, as stated electric/wiring is not my forte, so im not taking any chances.
thanks, and regards

_Snake_

Established Member
Switched = power when you turn the key on.

Do you have a test light or a multimeter?

SCalla1384

Established Member
All I did was unplug the harness on the driver side kick panel, used a multimeter to see when it used 12v with ignition on. I forget what color the wire was. But I just spliced and soldered.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
I couldn't find a switched 12v.. I ended up just wedging the wire into a 12v constant in the fuse box in the engine compartment..

They have something called an add a fuse if I remember the name correctly...look at the fuse box diagram and find a switched 12v source and replace the fuse with the add a fuse. I think I used the one for the AC I'll take a picture when I get home that way there's no messy wiring. Plug and play.

bullet3z

Established Member
Could you please add the photo? I would love to add a LED shift light. But I have no idea where to wire it or where to mount it.

DoubleClutch

Established Member
i will put up some pictures when im done.
does anyone know/ have a picture of the engine fuse box diagram? the one in the owners manual doesnt indicate which fuses are switched and which ones are constant.

_Snake_

Established Member
i will put up some pictures when im done.
does anyone know/ have a picture of the engine fuse box diagram? the one in the owners manual doesnt indicate which fuses are switched and which ones are constant.

Man, you should really buy a test light. Super simple to use: take out the fuse, put the light's probe where the fuse blades go. If the light illuminates, there's power on that fuse holder. Test first with the key in the Off position (light should remain unlit if there's no power). Next, turn the key on but leave the engine off and test again. You're looking for a fuse where the test light remains off until you turn the key on.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Great way to start off a thread.

Competent mechanic, can't find a +12 and a ground? Lulz.

I actually laughed my ass off hahaha!

It wasn't easy finding a 12v switched source, but like I said, harness on driver side kick panel. Use a multimeter or even a test light

Users who are viewing this thread