Alternatives to BMR Upper?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
One other thought as it relates to my post #20 at the bottom of the previous page.......That large hole and the smaller boss size/diameter......

I removed my original 2008 Upper Control Mount (UCM) with the smaller underseat bolt from my car and replaced it with at first a 2011-2014 oem UCA/UCM for test fit purposes before I put out the $$$ for the 2011-up BMR. I had no issues directly installing that larger boss/bolt mount in my 2008 that originally had the smaller boss/bolt. <<That tells me that even from the factory there was room or space designed in that sheet metal around that boss and even my oem 2008 UCM front mounting boss did not fit snug in that hole. I believe that hole was intentionally large for ease of assy. on the assy. line and BMR used that factory spec. size to build their 2007-2010 UCM, just like Ford designed it for that application. Now installing the larger 2011-2014 boss/bolt UCM in the earlier car??? That is a hit and miss for fitment of that big boss in that earlier car hole, some do, some don't, but I do not think the hole diameter being larger than the boss is such a big deal.....That is the way Ford designed the original, and then they moved to the larger boss for the larger bolt.....but that was to upgrade the bolt size.

It would be interesting to measure the sheet metal hole size above the tank on a 2011-2014, that hole may even be larger for ease of install on the assy. line and it may not fit snuggly around the large boss 2011-2014 UCM? It may also have some additional space around the boss?

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread