Aluminator/Kenne Bell build - Almost done!

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Since it's inception a few weeks ago, my decision to build up my '03 Mach 1 with a new FRPP Aluminator motor and Kenne Bell blower, the project is now only a few days away from completion!

The motor is the 8.5:1CR long block, and along with the KB blower, has Kooks long tubes, billet fuel rails, 60# injectors, and Ford GT twin in-tank fuel pumps, with billet hat, and -6AN stainless fuel lines. In addition to the motor/blower combo, I've installed a SPEC Stage 2+ clutch kit, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, and FRPP 3.73 gears, Eaton posi unit, and Moser 31 spline axles.

I can't wait to get this thing out of the shop and back prowling the streets!!

Aluminator-KenneBell_1.jpg

Aluminator-KenneBell_2.jpg

Aluminator-KenneBell_3.jpg

scotmach

Established Member
Looks good but why the blue valve covers with a red car? Your stock 03 black ones would have looked better.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Looks good but why the blue valve covers with a red car? Your stock 03 black ones would have looked better.
Looks are totally subjective! Originally, I was going to keep my black valve covers, but when I saw the contrast provided by the blue ones, and the fact that I'm very old school Ford power anyway, I miss not seeing Ford Blue under the hood, so I decided to leave the blue ones. Back in the day, all Ford engines were blue, regardless of the color of the car.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Looks are totally subjective! Originally, I was going to keep my black valve covers, but when I saw the contrast provided by the blue ones, and the fact that I'm very old school Ford power anyway, I miss not seeing Ford Blue under the hood, so I decided to leave the blue ones. Back in the day, all Ford engines were blue, regardless of the color of the car.

Very NICE setup!!

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
Damn dude i envy you. im trying to finish my exhaust and you're finishing a bult KB'ed motor lmao. awesome build and i can wait to see the finished product.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member

Very nice man can't wait to see your numbers! :beer:
Ok I was wondering about leaving the covers blues as well, but you explained your reasoning behind it! :rockon:

1slow4v

Very nice man, let me know how that Aluminator does. I was considering it for myself, but I have heard some horror stories. Good luck finishing the build, and I love the blue valve covers.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Very nice man, let me know how that Aluminator does. I was considering it for myself, but I have heard some horror stories. Good luck finishing the build, and I love the blue valve covers.
Actually, I found out during the installation process from the Ford Performance Group techs, that this is a revised casting motor from the middle/end of summer 2008 that addresses the issues with the crank pulley/balancer rubbing on the timing cover.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Just got a call that the car is complete and about to be strapped to the dyno for the final tuning before I get to bring it home! I'm headed up to the shop tomorrow (11/26) to witness the tuning and drive her home! Happy Thanksgiving to me!!:banana:

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
Just got a call that the car is complete and about to be strapped to the dyno for the final tuning before I get to bring it home! I'm headed up to the shop tomorrow (11/26) to witness the tuning and drive her home! Happy Thanksgiving to me!!:banana:

that's great news man! can't wait to see the new numbers and hopefully some vids! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread