aluminator max hp?

freiday13

Established Member
Was looking around for engine. I'm Gunna do the jpc single turbo set up. Was thinking either rgr short block, mmr 1500 hp short block or the aluminator complete engine. I'm wanting to run low 9 high 8. Yes I will have other supporting mods I'm basically truing to find out the best bang for my buck

Fastnature

Established Member
I know stretchb was on a forged bottom with oem block at just shy of 1000 rwhp and broke cylinder wall. So I will be brave and say the the 1000 rwhp on oem block is past it reliable limit for repeated abuse.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I know stretchb was on a forged bottom with oem block at just shy of 1000 rwhp and broke cylinder wall. So I will be brave and say the the 1000 rwhp on oem block is past it reliable limit for repeated abuse.

yes 1000rwhp is really pushing it. but it should hold for a number of passes. spending all the money on a long block and risking it is not a smart decision i think. you could get a sleeved block and reuse the coyote heads along with a good rotating assembly you will be able to make 1000rwhp and have a healthy motor for quite a few years.

Fastnature

Established Member
Manolith is spot on. If you want big power don't bother with anything other than a SLEEVED block. For the record I am in about the same thought as you and I chose MMR ProMod 1500 short block with there stage 3 big valve heads

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Yeah I would venture to say 850-900rwhp would be the limit if you want any kind of time out of it....I'm leaning towards the aluminator as well but I know I will get tired of that power eventually and want more.

That's why I might just opt for the MMR pro mod shortblock so I can grow if/when I take that step up and eventually make it a racecar in 2-3 years. The bang for the buck is there for the Aluminator though because after you sell your stock engine your probably in it for 3-4k vs 6-7k in a MMR promod shortblock with 1500hp internals.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I weighed all my options for reaching the 1000rwhp goal and honestly it seems a solid built sleeved block was the only real way to go for it to be durable for a long period of time.

freiday13

Established Member
Ya I'm thinking I'm going to go with the mmr pro mod short block. I just have had horrible service with mmr it took 9 weeks to get my pistons for my 4.6

Fastnature

Established Member
TexasStang I did go the 1500 ProMod block cause like u stated I know I would of wanted more as you stated. I wanted a block that would grow with me

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Yeah I think that would be the smarter choice......hopefully they have a Black Friday sale because I'll buy then but if not I'll just wait till spring time frame to pull the trigger. Can you PM me some detail's of your build/cost if you don't mind....I'm sure it's around the 6-7k range though for the promod short block.

Thanks,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread