Aluminum Driveshaft 2011-12 Auto 5.0 Which One?

faztcobra

Established Member
to me the 1 piece aluminum driveshaft amplifies the vibration and makes it worse.....its as if Ford did all they could to get rid of the vibration but not 100%...so 5% vibration with the stock driveshaft becomes 50% with a 1 piece cuz from the ones i had they have nothing to absorb and hide the vibration like the 2 pice stock one with the hanger bearing does....sucks cuz everone says its wheels, well 2012 auto vert is 100% stock with 5k miles on it and i see the headrest vibrating and at certain highway speeds i feel it and others i dont, anything under 45-50 or city traffic i feel absolutely nothing....its at higher speeds 80mph and above and thats exactly where it was brutal with the 1 piece driveshaft...if you didnt ever exceed 50mph youd never know any of the 3 driveshafts i tried had a problem but the moment you passe 50mph u could feel it getting worse and worse and then soo bad that almost everything in the car would shake quickly just like the headrest does as i describe...
It's there in the manual cars too. I've had my car in the shop twice in the last week and a half for a vibration that came on at 60mph. Up until 60, everything was absolutely perfect. Then from 60 to 80 (where I spend 75% of my driving time), I had a rough vibration. I don't even think the techs drove my car the first time. They did what they call a "force load balance" on my wheels/tires and said it was fixed. I drove home and thought to myself, "they didn't drive the car or they would have caught this". I took it back and the service manager tried to tell me this was a normal characteristic of mustangs. I'm like "That's funny. This is my 5th mustang and I've never felt this before". I drove another Brembo car just like mine to make sure it wasn't normal (which I already knew) and even offered to go on a test drive with them to prove my point. They took the car back and ended up replacing the driveshaft the 2nd time around. I got it back yesterday and the car feels pretty good, but I'm not completely sure the vibration is 100% gone.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
has anyone actually had positive results at the track with a aluminum driveshaft, auto or manual?

Users who are viewing this thread